Sunday, September 25, 2011

CANNING & CAMPING, MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC


MONDAY:
Oh, I forgot to tell everyone, Cinder chased a skunk in our yard and she now has a different perfume.  Stinky! 
As I unpacked the camper yesterday, I changed over my bedroom dresser and put away all the sleeveless shirts!  I didn't wear any of them with temps so cool!  Might as well get it done, I thought.  Plus I had 6 sweatshirts in the wash and I absolutely hate washing them-"Milkman doesn't like his  shrunk!"  So I heated them up in dryer to remove wrinkles and then hung them outside on the pool fence.  Too bad if a bird poops on them.
While doing the rest of the washing, I started typing up the Rally article for the Ramblings magazine.  I killed this keyboard-change this, change that, check the name spelling, etc. etc.  I worked until lunch time.  After lunch I went at it again, around 3pm, I was just too sleepy to see straight so I took a good long nappie!  I worked on it again after supper until I was sick of it!  I sent it off to my editors to see if my thoughts were accurate.
TUESDAY:
My e-mail from the editors with suggestions arrived.  Back at the project.  I made the changes,checked spelling again, added photos and captions and Bob helped me send it off to headquarters.  Yeah!  I've already received a return receipt.  While working on the typing," Bob yells come here, quick!"  He's in the garage.  I go as fast as I can up the back steps, thinking what to heck did he do now.  .  He showed me a small deer crossing our street by the next neighbor's house.  It was so cute. 
Bob is out doing errands today.  The new TV that Bob & Betsy installed in the motor home in April is doing strange things.  It increases the volume (terrible loud) and changes the channel all on it's own.  Did you ever hear of such a thing?   Bob is going to BJ's to complain.  He was on the phone last night (after 9-free) with someone in India, guess we have to send it in for repair to California.
WEDNESDAY:
Shortly after breakfast I started getting everything out to can tomatoes!  Bob had picked up a bushel for me yesterday morning at the Farmer's Market.  $20.00 a bushel.  It's cheaper to go pick them but not with my knees.  I wouldn't even can but we can never find tomatoes prepared with basil and the spaghetti sauce just doesn't taste right without basil.  I finished up about 4:00pm.  Bob was a great helper, he pealed tomatoes, tightened the lids and he removed all the hot jars for me.  It yielded 17 quarts and 1 pint jar. 


THE TOMATO MESS!  PUTTING IN THE BASIL LEAVES.

I DON'T THINK THIS IS ENOUGH FOR THE YEAR.   BETSY USES 8 QUARTS EACH BATCH OF SAUCE. 
The doorbell was ringing while I was resting my legs.  Bob was in the motor home so he didn't answer.  It was a cute Chickie from YNN TV station who was interviewing neighbors about the back field development.  I called Bob.  He was all excited but wanted to change his shirt.  He took her out in the back field for filming.  It will be on TV on Friday night at 8:00pm.  Oh my a TV Star!
When Bob went to BJ's, they very nicely said that they would give him his money back or he could pick out another set.  So he picked out another TV set.  No problem!  It's been over 90 days so we didn't know they would do that.  He and Betsy have it all installed already.
I started packing clothes to put in the motor home.  We need to be ready to leave tomorrow morning about 11:00am.  We are camping with some "musical" friends; Bob & Carole B.and their friends.   Bob B. and 4 buddies jam every Tuesday night.  During camp outs they practice.  On Saturday night there is a performance by Marty Stuart, who ever he is.  They tell us Marty is on TV.  Should be interesting.  Well, I've been on computer since after supper, time to head to bed.
THURSDAY:
I made a coffee cake to take camping.  Left about 11:00am.   Long time checking in...site dumpy, but w,e,s, so not too bad.  The campground is called Frost Ridge.  Years ago we brought our kids here to learn how to ski, it has been converted to a campground.  It's a half hour from home.


OUR SITE.  SKI TRAILS IN BACKGROUND.
  After set up we headed to town for groceries.  Bob and Carole B. were here when we got back.  Their friends took our chairs to the concert site.  After supper we went to the friends site.  They had a tent up with flex lights and was playing music.  Several other campers were watching too.  We enjoyed their music for about two hours.  (they call it practice) 


DEAN ON BASE FIDDLE
Ernie, Roger and Bob on guitars.  Milkman was checking out their sheet music.  They didn't have any!  They had the words to the songs in their notebooks and played without printed music. 

BOB B. KNOWS THE WORDS BY MEMORY.


ROGER AND ERNIE-AL SLEEPING-FRANK HANGING IN THERE.
 Mr. B didn't even have the words to read. Their ladies played cards.   Another camper of their party started a nice warm campfire.  About 11:00 pm we returned to the camper, took our pills, and headed to bed.  Carole B. had brought me seven Amish books so I picked out one of them to read as the chili I had for supper was just a rolling in my stomach. 
FRIDAY:
A rooster was a crowing!  Several times.  Maybe there is more than one rooster.  I wondered if it was a machine to wake the campers all up.  Maybe something special was going to happen.  I made bacon & eggs.  Seems so good to not have to run at 8:00am to a building for coffee.  Just relax!  Eat, do dishes, shower, nice an easy, enjoying our camper.   Bob putzed around trying to balance the coach better as we were sinking, boards and all from the rain.    I continued to read my book.   A lady came around selling 50/50 tickets.  At 4:00pm we went over to the band stand to watch the first band called the "Bush Hogs" (they played for 2 hours.) 


BAND STAND-CHAIRS GOING UP THE SKI TRAIL

THE BUSH HOGS/Mr. Pitcher  in
black cowboy hat.

The lady had a beautiful voice.  She had her 15 year old daughter come up and sing and the crowd went hiper!  Whoop, whoop!  David & Betsy had Mr. Pitcher as  their English teacher, and he played at David and Donna's wedding.   During the wedding, David played a song with them. David played in a band called "Southbound" for several years.  Mr. Pitcher's band was called "Ghost Riders."  When the Ghost Riders took a break; David's Wild ARGYS Band appeared.  Yes, a wild bunch of campers.  David & Donna couldn't figure out what was going on.  The ARGYS had washboards, kazoos, you name it, if it made noise, we had it.   Ah, for our younger days.
HAPPY 29th ANNIVERSARY!
I went off the subject a little there.  We came back to camper to make dinner.  Another band was playing, they sounded pretty good.  

MARTY HAS ARRIVED IN THIS PROVOST!
Then at 8:30pm we donned rain gear and went back over to hear Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives.   It was a very good show,  1.5 hours.   He is some picker!  Beautiful fire works followed.  We hung our rain gear to dry before going to bed.


MARTY STUART, THE BEST PHOTO BOB COULD GET IN THE RAIN.


BOB B HAD MARTY AUTOGRAPH HIS GUITAR!

SATURDAY:
The rooster crowed again.  As we got up for coffee, it was cool inside so Bob put the furnace on to see if it worked.  Mr. utility had me sweating before I got up and shut it off.  He was still cold.  Another nice calm breakfast, showers, and I ran the sweeper, we brought alot of grass in when it was wet.  Bob went to visit with the guys, they were asked to play on stage today by the campground owner.  But they said, "no" to the invitation as the lead guitar man is not here due an accident.  I finished my book.  We lunched and went back to the band stand for the band Rebel's Posse performance.

REBEL'S POSSE 
 We were dressed to warm and the sun came out so hot.  Bob went to sit under a shade tree.  I was afraid he would get sick so I got up and asked him to come back to camper and we could still hear it.  IT SURE WAS LOUD ENOUGH! 
We topped the evening off visiting another group of campers.  They had stopped by and invited us for soup!  Years ago when the ARGYS were camping we all pitched in to purchase a huge pot to cook over the open fire.  One of the guys made a tripod and hanging fixings.  Now that the ARGYS are no more, the only camper of the second generation ARGYS is Lori Yasses, who has the pot. 

LORI YASSES, OFFERING BEEF BARLEY SOUP! 
 It was just as good as we used to make.  The only thing missing was Freida's dumplings.  Don't worry folks, if you soap the outside of the pan with IVORY liquid before cooking, the black wipes right off.  Before we left we had to see her friend's carved pumpkin.

KENNY'S IDEA OF A PUKN' PUMPKIN.
SUNDAY:
The rooster was up before us again!  Time to pack and go home, unload and clean the coach.
Betsy welcomed us home with a pumpkin cheesecake with real whipped cream.  Yum! 
David & Donna just came by with birthday deserts and pictures of the events we missed over the weekend. 

NO GAME THIS WEEKEND, SO ERIC CAME HOME TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY.  HAPPY 19TH!

ANNALYNN-AMBASSADOR FOR LIGHT THE NIGHT (LLS)
So that's our week-lots of happenings.  It was very enjoyable.   Bill's had a great game.  Now to watch the Steelers!  Thanks for clicking in.  Until the next Sunday. 

Golden Gram 






1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and your Life truly IS Golden.

    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete