Sunday, March 4, 2012

ANOTHER MONTH GONE!

MONDAY:
A day that passed quickly, getting ready for company and then enjoying their visit. 
TUESDAY:
At PT today, after all the hard stuff, they instructed me on the use of a cane; the height, which hand to hold it in etc.   They walked me all around the equipment and down the halls.  I'm to use it in the house now but still keep the walker for outside.  So another step forward.

After we drove to Dunkin for a cup of coffee and a treat!  Bob wanted to go shopping for a cane right then but I wasn't ready.  I needed ice on that knee.  Okay Bob, maybe later.

I rested a little bit, took a snooze and then we headed to Wal-Mart.  First we dropped off a movie at a friends house and she came out to car to visit.  She has an immune disease that will progress and she will go from a cane, to a walker and then a wheelchair, no cure available.  Pretty sad.  That puts things in the right perspective. 

At Wal-Mart, (first trip shopping) I made it to the health aids isle and was disappointed that they didn't have all kinds of canes.  None like the one at PT.  So I walked to cash register area to find Bob who was returning an item.  I don't know why I told him that I wanted some vanilla ice cream and bananas because I had to find a chair to wait for him.  The bench in the entry was my perch.  He didn't come and he didn't come; I was sorry that I mentioned ice cream as I was getting cold as the door opened for people coming in.  I left my purse home with the car keys figuring I had enough to endure with the walker or I would have gone to the car and turned the heat on.  Okay Bob, where are you?  He eventually appears all grins..he had the ice cream and bananas plus two bags full.  He picked up his oatmeal, mushrooms for the beef tonight and etc., etc.  Brother!

WEDNESDAY:
One of our neighbors came over today for a visit.  She has had both hips replaced.  We compared notes.  She brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me.  

We saw 21 deer out in the back field tonight.  No wonder the residents of Narramore Drive are complaining about their shrubs being ruined from deer eating off them. 



THURSDAY:
I had the best night's sleep in four weeks.  It felt so good, not to be dragging around.  Before things changed, I started working on some paper work and a couple more Thank You Notes. 

Debbie drove down for a visit.  She had the day off to go with the family to taste some meals at the Marriott for the wedding choices. 
Debbie explained their evening at the Leukemia Diamond Ball held at Samuel's Grand Manor.  It's the Leukemia largest fund raising event and it is formal.
Everyone gets a small jewel pouch; if they have the numbers 1-5 inside of it, they are then entered into a final drawing for a real diamond.  Annalynn had one of the numbers but she didn't win the diamond-darn.   
ROCCO, ROCKY & DEBBIE

ROCCO, ANNALYNN & DEBBIE

CHRISTIANNA & JOE
Bob went out to the grocery store for some more grub.  He backed out of the garage and the garage door wouldn't come all the way down.  This Old House is squawking again!  After looking over the problem; Bob found the gears in the motor all stripped.  So he left the car parked outside until he had time to figure out how to fix the motor.

After supper some friends from our camping group stopped for a visit. 

FRIDAY:
PT again today.  While doing all the exercises, I mentioned that I had an ache in the back of my knee and it was promptly and deeply massaged.  When I got home I put ice on it and went to bed.  Boy, it hurts. The rest of the day was a wipe out! 

I finished another book.  I watched the deer out back.  Bob called for fish & shrimp dinners for supper.  I was awake many hours during the night, just couldn't get comfortable.
SATURDAY:
Bob had talked to our son, David, last night about the garage door needing repaired.  David and Donna offered to go pick up a new motor at Sears as they were at the Apple
Store right beside Sears, taking a class.  So today, we waited for them to come here to help install it.   It's a fancy, swanky, new technology thing.  It has the new requirement of sensor lights at the base of door which will retract the door if something is in the path.  It's programmable to the computer and i phones.  Betsy has it all done and us old farts who can't remember if we closed the garage door before driving up the street can now check an i phone or ipad to see the status.  (No joke, We have called the neighbors from across town when we can't remember.  We also started this little chant: the door is coming down, the door is coming down, repeat.  Old Age! )  David's iPhone is programed to open our door too!  So if they come when we aren't home, they can get in the house.


DAVID & BOB GETTING STARTED REPLACING THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER.


THIS IS THE OLD MOTOR FULL OF DUST AND COBWEBS; OUR RECORDS SHOW IT WAS NEW IN 1980.  IT SERVED US VERY WELL. 

CHECKING THE INSTRUCTIONS!

TESTING TIME.
OUTDOOR REMOTE AND 2 CAR REMOTES

FINISHED PRODUCT!

SUNDAY:
It's been snowing most of the day.  Glad I don't have to go out in it.  I have been moving around from one chair to the other; doing word games and some work on the puzzle. 

KEEPING THE KNEE ICED! 
That's it for this week, I need to find something else to occupy my mind.  

Hope you all have a good week. 

GOLDEN GRAM

1 comment:

  1. This recuperation is hard work for you! You deserve to rest-when you can....
    The pictures of the kids at the ball were lovely-very swanky! It was good to talk to you yesterday,sorry I was so late in catching up to you. Good luck with your continued rehab: temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement?

    ReplyDelete