Sunday, March 18, 2012

I think we have the luck of the Irish with this weather!

MONDAY:
What a lovely day!  After the dreaded PT session, we went for coffee at Dunkin.   At home I walked all around the front & back yard, looking at the flowers popping up.  The grass is a mess of holes, must be moles.
A couple small bushes were frozen and are dead looking and will need to be pulled out and replaced.  I even sat out back in a lawn chair for a while.  The sun felt good but not warm enough to sun bath.   Bob washed & cleaned the Ford so now it's spiffy looking.

Later in the afternoon, my friend, Mo, stopped over for a visit.  She had been to Roswell and donated platelets again.  I give her a big standing ovation: she has been donating since 2008 when Annalynn was diagnosed with Leukemia.   Yeah, Mo!

We had pork chops out for supper.  Betsy had picked up a new fang dangled topping to try.  (Cheese & lots of spices-just mix em)   So I prepared the meal.  The topping was good but not as good as the french fried onion topping or fixing them with stuffing.  All that work and we are done eating in 20 minutes-that's why I hate to cook!

I finished one of the pic folio albums after supper.  Then I went to read a little bit.  I have a new mystery, finally the library notified me that it was available.  (The Cove) 

 TUESDAY:
Bob had a doctor's appointment today in Lockport.  He left about 11:30.  I stayed home and putzed on one project after the other.   I put out another puzzle,  hopefully this one won't be so hard. 
I was miserable, I know I need something sweet.  Chocolate doesn't always fit the bill as it's not sweet enough by itself.  It has to be in chocolate chip cookies which are very goooood!  So I made a batch starting at 3pm, who cares about a late supper, I needed that sugar.  
 I finished the book I was reading; different twist to the murders.

SARAH'S SENIOR PICTURES CAME TODAY


WEDNESDAY:
Another beautiful day.  Today was my follow up appointment with the Orthopaedic surgeon.  He said, the knee looks good.  They took x-rays and showed us the new parts.  He guessed my bend was only at 90 and one needs that much to get up out of a chair.  He suggested I go back on the biggie pain pills at least before exercise at PT  so they can work the muscles more.  It wouldn't hurt me for at least 2 more weeks of physical therapy.  Another visit  in two months!  I can drive anytime now but why when I have such a good chauffeur who drops me at the doors of stores?   I'm milking that, best part of this ordeal.   The temporary handicap sticker helps too.

After we went to McDonald's with our coupons for lunch.  This has got to stop, to many calories!   I needed gift wrapping items so we went to Michael's.  Bob picked up a new motor for his clock in the garage.  What beautiful Easter decorations they have that made the store look so pretty.  Dog food was on the agenda so Tops Market was our last stop, then home. 
I changed clothes and crawled into bed.  I was exhausted, didn't sleep
again last night.  During the night, I went thru the ritual; potty, eat, Tylenol, ice pack, read a bit, TV a bit....unbelievable! 

I decided to pick up the puzzle; the pieces wouldn't stay together.  I said, enough I'm not struggling with that! 
THURSDAY:
I made up my mind; I was going to work my butt off all day to see if that would help me sleep at night.  I dusted & swept the whole upstairs.  Plus I went up and down stairs to put the washing thur since Bob has deserted me on that project.  I need to get the washing back on my schedule of Mondays as it's to much to do both before the weekend.  
Looks like I'll be driving myself to PT tomorrow.  Bob has hurt his back plus he can't find his glasses.  We spent the evening hunting for the glasses.  Oh my, hope they aren't in a garbage bag.   He called a Chiropractor and asked for an appointment.  Nothing until tomorrow.  Now I'm getting the ice packs for him.  What goes around comes around, or one hand washes the other. 

FRIDAY:
I had to get up a little bit early so I was awake and ready to drive to PT for 10 o'clock.   I couldn't take the pain pills as I was driving.   Jackie wanted to know everything about my visit to the Dr.  We discussed going in the pool for water therapy that Doc. prescribed.  So  next Tuesday we will try that event.  I've heard they keep the water at 95 degrees which should feel so good.

Bob insisted he could drive himself to his appointment.  Okay Bob.
He later went down town for fishing supplies. 

We more or less kept each other comfortable the rest of the day.   Bob was pretty sure he could go fishing after the treatment.  Better take the Tylenol! 


SATURDAY: 
HAPPY ST.  PATRICK'S DAY!  
Bob & David was long gone by the time I woke up.  FISHING AGAIN!
They were registered for an all day fishing class starting at 8 am that included lunch up near Albion, NY.   
Betsy and I went to lunch at Bourbon & Burger.  I had a cheeseburger that included corn beef, sauerkraut, & thousand island dressing on it.  That was one huge  sandwich; plus steak fries!     After we went to the bank,  picked up mail for a friend who is away, and then to BJ's.   I was ready to hit the couch when we got home so we watched a couple movies.  I did sit outside a little but it was so hot! 



BAIT SHOP



10 PEOPLE IN THE CLASS; A GUIDE WENT WITH EACH GROUP OF 3

DAVID CAUGHT A BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW.  THE GUIDE DOES THE RELEASE.


DAVID'S FISH!



While in the bait shop, Bob tells us that he asked for help with his fishing rig.  The guide took one look at it and told him that he should take it home and hang it over the mantel!  It was too outdated!   These men are serious fishermen; their rigs and duds are not cheap! 
Bob is on line wishful shopping now!  He can just wait until his birthday which is coming up.   They had a great day of it. 

  SUNDAY:        
We woke up to beautiful sunshine which later clouded over.   Rain was predicted but no sign of it yet.  
Our plans for today was to drive up to Lockport to Debbie's to see Christianna & Joe's recently purchased home.  Christianna had the day off and would be there to show us.    (Next photo)



Christianna is all set with her "pink" ladies tool box to tackle any remodeling that she wants done.   Their house (on O'Connor Drive)  has LR, DR, KIT, 2 BATHS, 3 BR, finished basement, deck out back and central air!  What a starter home!    Rocco, Rocky & Uncle Louis was already working on things; the LR carpet had been removed, drapes and blinds were coming down for painting.   Christianna wants hardwood (Pergo) in the LR & DR.  She has carpeting for the master BR picked out plus paint for all the rooms.   Go girl!

So now we are back home with the evening to relax.   Bob is back on the ice pack, hoping to relieve the sore back.   He has another appointment tomorrow with the chiropractor.  Hope it helps. 

So we wish everyone another good week.   Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM










No comments:

Post a Comment