Sunday, March 25, 2012

SPRING!

MONDAY:

During all this spring weather I have been hearing the chirps of a Robin without seeing one.  Finally today one perched on our white fence.  True sign of spring to me.  Saturday I spotted a couple Doves and a few more small birds.  Our bird seed stinks; too much ground up corn in it.  I can't remember where we bought it but I hope we don't get that kind again. 

Seeing the Robin was probably the biggest event of the day.  I did go outside and took the pine garland off the fake mailbox by the garage door.  One of those Christmas left overs that hadn't been put away.   I swept up some debris behind the post.  It looks cleaner now. 

Bob returned from the Chiropractor and we had lunch.  He laid down on the ice pack for a nap.  Since I'm reading an old favorite book of mine,  I crashed for a rest before fixing supper too.   The book is "Seabiscuit"; a famous horse.  I think this is about the 3rd time I have read it, after I like to watch the video.  Great story.  
Sarah had called about supper time; she was very sick with stomach distress.  (She had just returned from spring break at Punt Cana, Mexico)   What would you think?  Bad water!   Betsy told her to go to the clinic.  It was closed.  She would go on Monday.  Betsy said, "no way." you are probably dehydrated-go to the emergency room.    A girlfriend offered to drive her and off they went to ER.  We had to wait until the blood results came back to rule out appendicitis.   Sarah was dehydrated.  After two bags of drip meds; Sarah was released at 11:30 pm.   It's so hard to have a loved one ill so far from home; we sat with baited breath until each phone call.  What a night!

TUESDAY:
After breakfast & shower; I helped Bob work on the check book in Quicken.  He has been correcting it off and on when he has time.  It's a mess and we can't reconcile until the entries are right.   Wonder what button was bumped to cause all these problems.

I had PT today a 2:15pm.  That's so much easier to get ready for without a hassle.  My hour was in the therapy pool which was very warm; it must have been 95 degrees.   My first exercise was the tread mill (under water) and I  couldn't even feel the jar to the steps taken.  It's amazing.  There was some for balance fighting the pressure jets and stretching the back muscle of my knee.  Returning home, I told Bob that we are ripping out the pool and putting in a therapy pool.   Ha, just kidding but I sure enjoyed it.  Once I was home for a while I started to feel sore,  you can't tell while your in the water if your over doing it.  But I still loved it!  
WEDNESDAY:  The flowers are so pretty today, Bob took some pics for my Blog.
ONE MORE WINTER DECO TO TAKE DOWN.  DOESN'T EVERY ONE HAVE A SNOWMAN WITH DAFFODILS AT HIS FEET?

HAVE TO HOPE IT DOESN'T TURN COLD OUT!


SO BRIGHT & PRETTY!




STAR MAGNOLIA BUSH

TINY MINIATURE DAFFODILS.



We need rain but so far all the storms have gone around us.

This evening we had sad news from NC.  My nephew who had the leg amputation lost his fight against the diabetes and passed away today.  We are sad but couldn't wish him back to that pain.  Our thoughts are with him. may he be in peace.  Our love & prayers to the family he leaves behind.


THURSDAY:
Today was my first trip to do the grocery shopping.  I put alot more stuff in the basket than I had on the list!  All the fruits & produce looked so good.  I took my cane and asked Bob to push the cart; I couldn't handle both.    Yea, it made both of my knees sore but the walking was good for me. 

In additional news, we heard today that our grandson, Eric, is facing knee surgery tomorrow.  He was home last week for spring break and he injured his knee while playing basketball.  He returned to college (in pain) and the sports department sent him for an MRI.  The Achilles tendon was snapped and the ACL muscle had tears. 

FRIDAY:
I had PT in the morning, using the machines in the exercise room.  The time went very fast so guess I'm adjusting.
David & Donna drove to Utica College to pick Eric up by 10:30am and take him to the Syracuse hospital to meet with the surgeon by 12:00am.  David called in the afternoon, he thought Eric was probably in the recovery room by now. 

For dinner, Bob cooked fish for himself and Betsy.  He had picked out  a frozen dinner.  Neither one of them liked it!  I made a poached egg!  That's what a fish fan I am.

Around 7 pm we talked to Donna.  Eric's surgery went well.  Eric was discharged by 5:00 pm.  They all were just passing by Batavia on the thruway, Eric in the back seat of their car feeling the bumps.  I can't believe he was released the same day! 

SATURDAY:
Our plans were to go Lancaster and see how Eric was surviving.  When I got up and finally woke up, I decided to make and pineapple upside down cake to bring as Donna had invited us for a "Lunch Meat Party".  (Lunch Meat Party originated when our kids were young and I entered the house with the weeks groceries)  It's real hard to get ahead of Donna, she already had made a cake for Eric. 



I'M COMFY WHILE VISITING WITH ERIC.  THEY KEEP THE HOUSE TO COLD FOR ME!

ERIC'S KNEE WITH BRACE.  HE CANNOT BEND OR PUT ANY WEIGHT ON THIS LEG.  HE HAS TEN STAPLES. 

 


While there Bob & David installed a water softener machine for their house.  It isn't much bigger than the one we have for the motor home.
It's suppose to take out all the water minerals that causes hard water.  They should have soft water and be able to use less soap.  It does not require chemicals.  The cartridge has to be changed about every 6 months.   The first cartridge is a scrubber to remove any impurities in their water lines.  Maybe we need one? 


NUVO SOFTENER


SUNDAY:
Up and at em.  We fought over who would take a shower first.  Betsy thought we had plans for the day to go somewhere.  No, we always fight over who gets to shower first-keeps life keyed up!  

We worked on a couple different projects and decided to go for a Sunday afternoon ride.   (We were the old couple that always gets in the way on Sunday rides, ha)  Christianna had sent a photo and said she couldn't wait for us to see the painting that had been done in the DeVoe home.  

When we arrived there the crew was painting away. 


CHRISTIANNA & JOE PAINTING IN THE MAIN  BATHROOM.

ROCCO CUTTING IN THE EDGES OF MASTER BEDROOM.


AUNT DONNA & COUSIN BELLA PUTTING PAINTERS TAPE ON SUN ROOM WINDOWS.
DEBBIE PAINTING THE TRIM IN DINNING ROOM, MARIO SUPERVISING  ON THE BLANKET.


Well, that winds up our week.  Lots of happenings.  Like it's said; "If your bored just wait a minute!"

Hope everyone has a productive week and their happy they can make it so.   Thanks for clicking in!

GOLDEN GRAM








 

2 comments:

  1. Mom, you are like a rovimg reporter
    awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots blooming up there since we left and now I hear it is to be in the low twenties, wow.
    The trees are all blooming down here in Alabama. One more day and then we start to work our way North.

    ReplyDelete