Sunday, July 15, 2012

MONDAY:

EENE MENE MINi MO what to do first?   I already had myself all  stewed up this morning.   One of our rules here is the last person out of bed must make up the bed.   Bob is usually very good about it.  Not today!  Did you ever count how many times you must walk around the bed to make it up.  Goodness, I got all out of sorts and almost forgot to put the coverlet on.  Stupid thing to write about.

Bob is off to get the tire on his wheelbarrow fixed.  So guess I'll start the dreaded washing.  Yesterday, we made a list of summer repair things to do, before we take off for a couple weeks.  That was a mistake!  We will be here until September. 

One important item; RIDE EM AND FIX EM!  on the motor home it appears that our water tank is falling down!  Bob wants to find someone who can make a brace and tighten it back up because we aren't going anywhere without water.  And food, I learned that long time ago when we were broke down; always have something to cook.  I am so thankful that Bob noticed the problem; imagine if it had disconnected while we were driving-surely an accident waiting to happen.


THE RUSTED FRAME.



BOB FOUND A WELDER TO COME LOOK AT THE PROBLEM.




MORE RUSTED FRAME. 
TUESDAY:
Big hair day!  Bob had a haircut at 8:30am and I had an appointment at 1:30.  Mine was in Lockport so we went early to have lunch with Annalynn and Christanna.   We took the wine bottles that we had cleaned and ready for decorations.   Christianna was babysitting Joe's nephew, Mason.  He is about 3 months now and is he growing fast.  A real cutie!  Today was Mason's Mommy's first day back to work. 

We came back home after as David was stopping by after work to help Bob with something on the motor home.   They needed different tools so David left and will be back tomorrow.

I looked on the Internet for info on camping rallies that we have coming up.  I downloaded the forms and made folders.  Bob checks out the location etc. to see if we want to attend. 

Once on the computer, the evening  was gone in no time. 

WEDNESDAY:
I cleaned house as we expected some delivery men to come to install the new window air conditioner.  The other one bit the dust!  They were suppose to be here between 10-12, but had a problem an called us.  They came about 1:30.  Bob took charge of them so I went out to the pool.  My friend, Mo was coming over to swim and visit.  I hadn't seen her is some time.  So we chewed the fat!  After Mo left, Bob and I swam for about another hour.  Love these hot days of summer.

David was here early, so he and Bob went right to work on the motor home.  The gas in the tank doesn't register on the dash board dial.  Bob has been figuring the gas left for a couple years now.  I couldn't put up with that problem.  I drove over town and picked up some KFC chicken for dinner. 

Once it cooled down some outside, I watered the plants again.  We need rain.   After some more time on the computer, the night is gone again.

THURSDAY:
Bob made a call to Holiday Rambler and the person there agreed with the testing that David and he had done about fixing the gas tank.  He agreed that a part is needed.   Bob called again to order the part which probably won't be delivered for two weeks. 

I put the computer on and once I finished paying bills; I went outside to trim some more of the purple blossoms off the Hosta plants around the pool.  They are messy coming thur our fence and spreading all over, and it draws the bees.    It was just to hot!  (11:30 am) Sweat was running down my forehead and on to my glasses.  Time for a dip in the pool.

Bob had moved on to fixing a back window while there was still shade on the wall.  He pulled the rotted piece of framing off and everything underneath was wet.  By then he was miserable so he took a dip in the pool.


WINDOW FRAME THAT NEEDS REPAIR
As we sat around, I remembered the new Seagram's frozen pouch drinks I had picked up while grocery shopping.  (A slushy with alcohol)  Our grandson, Alex, is working at Seagram's, downtown Rochester, for summer employment and it's his job to check the pouches for leaks as they come off the line.  He said, the building is HOT!  No fans or air allowed due to environment protocol.  He works two-twelve hour days and then has off two days.  The pouches are available in different flavors; we tried the Pina Colada.  Just freeze for 8 hours and then stick in a straw!   I thought they were very sweet! 

COOL SUMMER DRINK

During the day, Betsy had found another umbrella on sale for the pool deck so that evening (after we woke up from our nap) we drove to the Albion Wal Mart for a base.  Bob set that right up, once we were home.  We sat around outside until the bugs started biting.   There was 11 deer out in the wheat field; of them there was 4 little ones, running and playing.  Fun to watch.

FRIDAY:
We hoped we were starting out early this morning when it was cool as we had some returns to make and then we went for groceries at BJ's. By 10:30am we were sweating.  Hoa, Hoa! 

Home to put stuff away and go in the pool.  To hot to work!  I wanted to change some storage in the motor home so Bob put the air on in there and I went about my new ideas! 


About 4:00pm a thunder storm appeared.  It rained hard for about 15 minutes.  Bob's rain gauge said we received about a 10th of an inch.  Not nearly enough.   Right during the thunder and rain; 3 deer had walked up the field closest to our house.  Two of them had antlers already. 


Our son David, was up near Lake George for a convention and he sent some photos of their fishing expo.  Looks like a gosh darn good time!

NICE CATCH DAVID!

SATURDAY:

Another beautiful day.   Guess we had enough of the sun so we decided to go shopping at Eastern Hills.  I had a return to make.  We left so late that we stopped for lunch at Bob Evans first.


Bob had a special off the menu: stacks of pancakes on one plate  and eggs, bacon, home fries on the other.   


While shopping, I just happened to find a little luxury item for myself.  It just happened!  A new Coach summer purse with a long strap so I can put it across my shoulders while shopping.  It's beautiful.  When I saw the mark down, I just couldn't resist.

LOTS OF GOLD TRIM; STRAPS & BUCKLES
At home, Betsy had made a new bean-corn dip so we munched on that to try it.  Bob took a nap and I read.  After we had a graduation party invitation to attend, we went there and visited with several friends. The munchies there took care of supper.  It was for my friend Mickey's grandson.  He has played Lacrosse thru high school and he has been gifted a full scholarship to a college in Michigan.

SUNDAY:
We woke up to grey skies.  The patio was wet from rain during the night.  It sprinkled off and on and was cooler.    I hurried outside and finished cutting the purple blossoms off those Hostas, it cleared and got HOT-HOT again.
Oh, if it would just rain for awhile, it's needed so badly.

So ladies, are you enjoying all the fresh produce?  It sure has made cooking alot easier.  I went to the farmer's market on Tuesday and bought cukes, cherries, new tomatoes and yellow beans.  I made the wilted cucumber slices like Mom used to make...yum.  For the yellow beans I made a white cream sauce and added bacon.  Another yum.  The tomatoes were prepared with basil; another favorite dish.  And, corn a couple times this week.  It's all luscious!  Then Betsy went to the big Farmer's Market in Rochester and she brought home egg plants and  yellow squash.  Then I asked her to pick up some peaches from the guy who drives a truck up here from Georgia.  I'll be busy all week with so much at once. 


Bob has been busy, busy all day.  He is crossing things off that list as fast as he can go.  He wants to go somewhere.  But first the repair to the motor home; he has the bays all emptied out now so we can take it to the welder at 8:00am tomorrow.  It needs braces (both sides) the length of the bays, supposedly the man ordered the steel.

He also installed a new electric plug/socket  for the Dophin pool cleaner so the electric line will reach further and not run thru our gazebo sitting area. 

We've enjoyed a great hot week.  Thanks to all my followers for clicking in.  Stay Cool!   Hope you have a great week. 

GOLDEN GRAM







1 comment:

  1. Hot, hot, hot...everywhere! Your pool is a great refuge for you !

    ReplyDelete