Sunday, July 29, 2012

THE REST OF OUR TRIP

MONDAY:
Bob called me to get up at 10:00am.  We had to be off site by 11:00, yipes!   I had a sleepless night again, which happens every now and then.  Too much fun in the sun!

We left Glen Rock Campground in a cloud burst, heavy rain.  I drove the car instead of towing since we were only going 10 miles to the KOA  camp.  Okay, stupid- I can't find the defroster so I can see.  Bob stops in front of me, gets out and looks up:  we left the TV Ariel up and it was caught on the electric wire.  OMG!  He got back in the bus, drove slowly ahead, the wire sprang loose.   We drove to a gas station to fill up and he went up on the roof top.  It bent the Ariel.  So he removed a part; and taped the rest down with duct tape.  On ward and forward.

Once we were set up at the KOA, I made lunch and then started to sort the washing..it's Monday again.  I had to figure out the Splendie Washer since it's been a while since I have used it.

Bob got out the Dirt Devil and cleaned the car.  Until it poured again.  Thunder & lighting; and the Internet went down. He then came inside and swept the motor home. 

I made chili for supper and after the KOA campground owner came to get us for the pontoon boat tour.  They have a beautiful brand new pontoon boat.  This is their charity fund raising event for CAMP CARE; kids with cancer.  Donations were accepted.  We toured the Sturgeon River and also stopped at the city marina which the KOA is also managing.   Just like all water areas; homes were so beautiful along the banks.



JESSIE, GINA & ME
HIGHWAY & TRAIN  BRIDGE

HOMES ALONG THE RIVER











STURGEON FALLS MUNICIPAL HARBOR


 
When we returned; the clothes were dry and ready for folding. 
I'll do another load tomorrow.  I checked e mails and FB, did a little Blogging (Internet so slow) and I'm now ready to call it a night.  

Bob talking about going home already, I haven't even had time to read my magazines yet.  Gezzes! 
TUESDAY:
What to heck did we do this day?  Oh, went to town.  Bob wanted to go get a part for the TV antenna.  We also went to a Farmer's Market which was a big let down.  The road side stands had more for sale.  On the way back to camp, we stopped at the City Marina and he tried to fish but it was so hot that he gave that up.




AT LEISURE FARM


After supper we rented a row boat and went out in the river.  Our reservation for the boat was lost; so it took the crew a while to prepare the vessel.   I almost fell in the boat; trying to decide which leg to put in first.  Boy, I'm klutzy now, a little over protective of the steel knee.  We both had a couple bites but the fish let go...rats.  Guess their just not hungry. 
WEDNESDAY:
We had decided last night to head home.  (pouting because the fish weren't biting)  Bob called me at 7:00am,"ROAD TRIP!"   "ROAD TRIP!"  He's awake like the lead bird in the morning. 
I had been up during the night; it was freezing cold in here.  I pulled out a quilt!  Talk about temp changes.   At 7:00am, Bob had the furnace going and it was very comfy.   We had our showers and breakfast, then hooked up and drove out.  Dropping the garbage by the barn. 
Now buzzing down the 2 laner highway, I'm trying to adjust to his speed.  We are fighting over how fast 90km really is.  He says, "it's 65 mph," I said, "it can't be if they told us 100km is 65mph." 
Now all the time, it's on the dashboard dial but we're going to fast to look at it.  Hoa, hoa!   See try to get the feeling; I'm sitting in the passenger seat,  no brakes, no steering wheel, and each bump is throwing me around.  (DH) Dear Husband says, "am I making you nervous?"  Naw!  Man, as I'm holding onto the security/sissy pole most of the time.  "PINK!"  "PINK!"  That's what I say when he is pushing to get thur a stop light before it goes red.  Oh yah, he sure doesn't drive like a little old lady.   Now if I was driving...ha! 

 It takes me about 20 miles to calm my nerves down.  I kept telling myself; think of something else, look for a moose, look for a moose!   

THE UTICA COLLEGE MOOSE IS ALL I SAW!

MOOSE SIGN FLASHES WHEN ONE CROSSES


 
The truth be known; it takes two to watch the traffic, as they all drive like a bat outa the sky...   But Bob is in his element, this is his idea of a vacation...drive, drive, drive.  Unreal!
We had to exit Route 11 to have lunch; rest areas unavailable.   We made it to our next over night by 3:00pm.  He's taking a nap so I can talk about him now.  Sure he's exhausted! 
The Internet here is great!  I can blog away.  The other night it wasn't available at all and the night before it was hit and miss.  I asked Bob for help but he was cranky so I stuck my nose in a book and enjoyed that. 
It's clouding over so I better call Bob as he wanted to go on the roof and fix the antenna. 

GUESS BOB WANTS TO WATCH TV TONIGHT.




WORKING ON THE ARIEL.


It's also time to cook.  Hay, I'm doing very good, my meal plan has worked!  Imagine that from the I hate to cook gal.  The other night when I made chili-(DH) put his nose up in the air---hay honey,  youse gits what the galley witch throws at ya.
THURSDAY:
During the night, we had a real bad rain storm.  The campground was flooded.  The bedroom slide out had leaked.  Bob's clothes that were on the floor got soaked, he threw them in the shower.  After dressing, Bob put his flip flops on to go outside.  


IT'S WET OUT THERE



 


WATER EVERYWHERE 
   

We finally got on the road about 10:10am.  Traffic was still bad; shouldn't these folks be at work now?   It was raining. We had decided to take the toll road (407) which by passes  Toronto.  They video your vehicle and send you a bill.  It was a piece of cake!  It was like our own highway; 6 lanes of open road, hardly any traffic.  I'm so glad we did that, less frazzled nerves changing routes, straight thur to Hamilton.
Again no rest areas available.  We exited at a Tim Horton's sign.  We know that we can't park there usually, so I directed Bob to a lot that I had seen 2 semi's parked in.  Bob looks at it and says, "I'll never get out of there, what were you thinking?"  Now I'm a shrinking violet.  He makes a long drive in and starts the turn.  He goes out wide into the weeds which securely hid the pot holes, we rocked and rolled.  I thought the bus would crack apart.  He made it but he was not a happy camper.  A person was watching us from the nearby building.  Bob told me to go ask for permission to park while we go to Horton's.  Yes, sir!  I did and we had permission.  Now we walk over to find out that it's a travel plaza; DQ, KFC, WENDY'S, HORTON'S AND ETC. 
With our bellies full, we drive on.  The Peace Bridge was backed up by 8 lines.  Wait, drive ahead, wait, drive.  They questioned us, walked behind our car and we thought they were coming inside.  But they sent us on.  We get to the bridge and there is 2 lanes south and one north.  One lane for trucks.  Bob whips the bus around the trucks and goes up the middle lane.  OMG!  He's near kissing the truck mirrors.  That's a long bridge folks.  I was nervous!  I told him, "that was a stupid thing to do!"  He laughed and kept on going.  (an old family saying, "heading for the barn" meaning it's time to milk the cows-head home.)

We are near Route78 (Transit Road-our shopping area in Buff)  and a slime green car passes, a person is waving their arms-pointing down.  Bob suspects a tire is bad. 
We had the CB on and hadn't heard anyone caution us.  The driver's were all talking and telling each other where to look for a pretty set of legs!  We exit and find a truck lot to park. We both walked around the bus maybe three times, got down on our knees to look under, checked all the compartments, nothing.  Is this a new ploy or trick people now pull, instead of giving you the finger?  We got back in the bus and entered the T for the rest of the drive home.  Home safe, Cinder was glad to see us.  Now the unpacking. 
When Betsy came home from work; she tells us that she was involved in an accident and almost killed.  A MAN  ran the stop sign, hit her  and did not stop.  She called the police, (our lady cop came) two witness came to Betsy's assistance and described the car,  as she hadn't even seen the color as it happened so fast.
Yahe for our lady cop, she found the guy, an immigrant farm worker!  Probably no license or insurance.  Now Betsy has to borrow our car while her's is repaired.   (Betsy was wishing she still had her big truck, she would have made mush out of him) 
FRIDAY:
IT RAINED DURING THE NIGHT!  Wonderful!  Now the grass will get green again.  Betsy was telling us that she saw a snake up by the water hose.  A snake!  I haven't seen a snake around this house in more than 10 years.  It must smell the water dripping. TV said, 48 days without rain.

Bob washing the car.  I'm doing odd stuff, cash receipts, calling the Dr's.  No referral number yet for my appointment on Monday at dermatologist from my GP visit on the 6th.  Why don't they do their jobs?

Cassie and her parents stopped by.  They were picking up a extension ladder that Cassie had to leave here (during her move) until her Dad came with a big vehicle.  We had a nice visit.  Too short. 

We watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics for the evening. 

SATURDAY:
We are both in the cleaning mode.  Bob working on washing the outside of the motor home and I'm inside with the air and TV on.  Can't miss seeing the Olympics.  I changed the bedding, scrubbing bubbles the shower, and scrubbed the ceiling then started doing the cabinet wood with Old English. 
Ah, I have the two bathroom areas done, moved to the kitchen next.  It's more like spring cleaning.

When I couldn't do any more (arms gave out) I went inside and was going to download from the bank to Quicken.  Nothing worked!  I don't know what happened and Bob worked the rest of the night on it.  Disgusting! 
SUNDAY:
Still trying to finish some book work in Quicken.  Bob got the checkbook downloaded so I could accept the debits.  Savings wouldn't download.  The bank gypped me out of $69.00 of my MasterCard payment.  What to heck?  Wonder if they thought I'd made the payment in Canada.  Still?  So now that's tomorrow's business; trip to the bank.   We may visit a different bank and see about switching; this is too much.

We registered for more campouts.  A Provincial/State in Niagara Falls, Ont. and the big Regional meet in Mass.  By then football will be on the calendar.  I don't think I will ever camp at Ives Run, Pa., again.  The lady who is a work camper there writes a blog; 3 rattlesnakes appeared in one day, and one the next day.  She had a picture of one; about three and a half feet long.  Yippes!

Well, we have one month of summer left.  Hard to believe it's gone by so fast.  Let's make the best of it.  Go for ice cream!

Have a good week everyone.  Thanks for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM





No comments:

Post a Comment