Sunday, November 3, 2013

OUR PROJECT IS FINISHED!


MONDAY:
Off we go to another week.  Have your coffee and report to work...little late...but I'm willing.  Bob just laughs!  He has the woodwork all washed down and he was cleaning the windows.  The blinds are back up and he is putting all the electric cover plates back on.  He wants the paint to cure good before we haul the stuff in that goes on the shelving.  But now one gets anxious to get back to normal, hope I can wait.

Even thou it appears I'm late for work; I have the stuff out to make Lasagna for supper.  Last night was easy peasy with a crock pot-pot roast.  All in one.   I have the wash sorted and washing.  But I'm realizing a little dizziness-what to heck-are my glasses crooked?  Some times that happens when the screws get loose.  

I finished the Nicholas Sparks book last night, The Longest Ride, now to return it to library.  It was a different read, two love stories in one that goes back and forth to characters, that is combined with a super surprising ending.  I have read 10 of his books so far, but he has a lot more.  I need to go back to e-book reading so I don't have to go out as it gets colder.
TUESDAY:
There's a hard frost this morning, the shed roof is white.

Bob had a doctor's appointment in Lockport so our day was spent driving.  After the visit, we made about 9 other errand runs.  Returned home a bit worn out and flopped on the couch.

WEDNESDAY:
Bob is off fishing.
HE IS REALLY GETTING THE HANG OF IT
HE CAUGHT THREE TODAY.
 
I have folded clothes and I'm washing some blankets.  I finally found my recipe for Lasagna that I had hunted for Monday.  It's a newspaper clipping from years ago, very brown and brittle, but it gives the layering directions along with the sauce components.  It could be Alzheimer's creeping in as I couldn't remember the sequence of layering.  When I couldn't find the recipe, I just put it together helter skelter.  It wasn't on the box of noodles either.  The family members didn't complain!  Betsy even took a serving to one of my favorite guys at her work.

Now I have made a copy of it to preserve it on non acid paper.    Now to find the plastic bags that I put recipes in; the box is somewhere amongst the stuff out of craft room. 

I spent the afternoon outside; cutting back of flowers since we had the hard frost on Monday night, and they are all brown.  It was nice and warm until about 4:30pm. 

We had warm ups for supper then I helped Betsy decorated some donuts for her treat to take to work. 






We watched the TV game shows for an hour then shut it off.  Time to go read for the evening. 
 
THURSDAY:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  Enjoy the little goblins.

2003 SARAH & CINDER 
 
Today we started carrying stuff back into the craft room.  Slowly, we put up the closet folding doors and then the main door.  The folding doors were tricky to get back up.  Then we cut shelf paper so our storage wouldn't stick to the paint.  It should be dry by now but one never knows.  Then we carried in the boxes, no where near done. 

 A couple hours later, my back and old knee were squawking so I laid down and fell asleep.  Bob is calling me the "Night Walker" as I've been up several nights unable to sleep. 

Betsy picked up pizza and wings for dinner so we would be ready for the trick or treaters.  We only had 13 come by, kinda disappointing.  Guess they have school or church functions for them now.  We have a nice big dish of candy left.

Betsy did my nails, we removed all the Halloween polish.  We watched a couple early TV shows and soon it was time for bed.

FRIDAY:
The high winds have reached us.  It is horrible outside.  2000 homes without electric in Buffalo again.

We were going to Brockport this morning but changed our minds due to the wind.  It was still whipping around.  There are piles of corn stalks all around the house from the field out back.  

Instead we went down to the plaza and bought more shelf paper and zipped thru Aldi's for veggie's and returned home.  We cut shelf paper for the closet all afternoon.  

Each time we come down the stairs, we carry some of the storage down. 

MORE TO ADD
 

SATURDAY:
We were all in the car by nine o'clock, heading for Brockport to look at kitchen counters.  The A-Team wants me to change the design in the craft room for more comfortable  scrap booking access.  We picked out a counter and headed home as it was sticking out of the Escape window-pretty far.


LOADED UP FOR THE TRIP HOME.
I TOLD BOB TO WATCH WHEN HE TURNED SO HE DIDN'T SWIPE SOMEONE IN THE OTHER LANE.

Once home Betsy and I went to Batavia shopping for another cupboard unit to hold the counter up.  I have three but one more is needed.  After going thru Wal-Mart, we found one in K-Mart.  Lots of tramping around.  We drove thru Arby's and bought sandwiches for lunch. 

Betsy and I took a nap!  Bob putzed around in the garage.  After supper, I started bringing more stuff downstairs for the closet shelves.  Day after day of this; but it's our entertainment for a couple weeks.  It isn't very good Blogging material. 

It's almost ten o'clock, time to call it a day.

SUNDAY:

More of the same, Bob and Betsy started working on the fittings for the counter first thing.  They cut it to size, covered the ends, and moved it in.  It took a long time.


THE A TEAM'S IDEA.
 I KNEW IT WOULD COST ME MONEY!


READY TO IRON THE ENDS ON.


While they worked, I made another Apple Pie.  They deserve a treat.  I carried more stuff downstairs.


LOOKS GOOD

THE FINISHED PROJECT!
WRAP AROUND COUNTER.

Everything stopped for the Bill's game.  All needed a rest!
The room looks beautiful and will be a great space to work in.  I can take my time sorting thru stuff this coming week.

Here's a cute picture that fell out of a box...

GUESS WHO!
YEARS AGO!
MISSISSIPPI HOT DOG!
The time change will take some getting used to, we ate supper and it was dark out.  Couldn't even see the field to watch for deer.   The Steeler's game was on by then, they lost--badly!  55 points, most earned in history of team.  I hate when the games are on during dinner hour.

Okay, nuf for this week.  Guess I'll post.  Have a good week and thanks for checking in.

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment