Sunday, February 2, 2014

COLD WEATHER BLUES; OH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL!

MONDAY:

OH, after I posted the Blog last night, we saw the deer feeding again at the bird feeder next door.  Bob took pictures and of course, he showed me up.  He focused and turned off the flash, fiddled until I thought the deer would leave.   Good job Bob!




Okay, we have had enough of this snow stuff and especially the cold.  We want it to stop!  


Bob ran the snow blower again as it was deep at the end of driveway where the plows drop it.  He said, "Betsy would never get back in with her little sled-ha, Prius."   He also went downtown to the dentist to have another adjustment on his teeth.


Myself, I worked on the computer, in between doing the washing.  I tried to be very careful allocating so Bob wouldn't harp on me.   Okay Bob!


This evening, I spent maybe an hour in the scrap room, laying out decos on two album pages.  I worked in some stamped words and felt very satisfied with myself for having remembered some of the research. I've done ten pages now.


I see on the Batavian ( Internet news) that the Bed Bath and Beyond store is closed due to a fire.  It started in the bedding department and that stuff is stacked to the ceiling.  Five or six fire departments were called.  The fire envoled to the Petco Store next to it so that is closed also.  And, the fire hydrants were froze shut!!!!  I guess they had a heck of a time.  


TUESDAY:

Minus 2 o this morning!  It's cold!  The blinds are down, curtains pulled, towels at bottom of doors, enough!  Many  schools are closed.  This has to be the crummiest month.  Thank goodness for crafts and computers; I can entertain myself without going out.  

Bob has a doctors appointment in Lockport today.  He is going to ask for a change to his meds;  hopefully get the brands that have zero co-pay with the newly signed up insurance company.  I'm not going in this cold.  Following that, he will drive back to Batavia and stop at the dentist for yet another adjustment.  


When Betsy came home from work, she had the supplies to finish the favors that we have been working on.  After supper I worked on them until I ran out of stick ems and I had seven more favors to do.  


WEDNESDAY:

Hump Day! Bob was going out to pick up the new medicines and he offered to take me to Michael's for the glue that I needed to finish the favors.   We had new coupons from Mac Donald's so we had lunch there.  

At Michael's I couldn't find the same type of adhesives so I picked out two other kinds.  I also found some pretty paper sheets.  Bob picked me up at the store door, it had started to blow and it was nasty. 


We drove up along Bed, Bath and Beyond but couldn't see any fire damage outside.  They had a small sign on the door saying closed.  Petco had a huge closed sign that you could see from the parking area.  Coming home was just like a blizzard again.


I finished the favors before supper.  Then I had to start the dreaded supper meal.  Why isn't cooking fun for me?  I'd rather go chop wood.  


It wasn't a very exciting day.  With all the wind, I didn't even see a bird out.  

THURSDAY:

My two cents: with breakfast I was watching the news and the Weather Channel was defending itself as to the storm warnings given for the Atlanta area.  The mayor there must have wanted the time and location of storm instead of the 3 day warnings.  He said, Atlanta wasn't specifically mentioned.  Wow!  They are going to change things so everyone doesn't hit the road at the same time.  Well, why hasn't that been done even for good weather.  Years ago, we drove the bypass around Atlanta and that wasn't a picnic; cars everywhere.  

And, of course, with the cold weather there is a shortage of propane.  Which like every other chance to double the price of things-propane price doubles.  


I worked in the  craft room today.  I made a card.


HEDGEHOGS HELLO
I wanted to use my Cricket machine to cut some things out and had all kinds of trouble.  


CRICKET MACHINE

First the speed and pressure was wrong as it pulled the paper I was using off the pad mid way thru the design.  So I got the manual out. Bob came along to assist. Then I decided I needed to change pads as it wasn't sticky enough to hold the paper.  You wouldn't believe the next problem-I couldn't get the paper off the new pad once finished cutting, it was too sticky, it pulled up hard and tore.  I was frustrated!  After several more tries, it became easier to remove.  I monkeyed around until 3 o'clock and decided to take a break.   I started to read a new Stampin Up catalog and promptly fell asleep. There's always tomorrow!

Bob cleaned the drive way again.  He worked on computer some of the day.  (He was changing allocations Tuesday and screwed up the balance-once again!)


Now at 8:30pm, we noticed the temp has gone up to 29o.  Yea! A heat wave. 


I started a new book this week, written by Nancy Grace-The Lawyer, TV hostess.   It's okay, lots of jumping around of the characters.  The book cover states that she was a victim of crime herself.  No explanation as to what.  Betsy picked it up for me for a dollar. Hardback cover too.

FRIDAY:

Today's Blog might be all about pampering Bob.  He either had a reaction to the new medicine or he has one heck of a flu bug.  After supper last night, he went into chills, headache  and fever.  He has been coughing.  He called the pharmacy.  So, both Betsy and I said, do not take any more of the new pill until  you can figure out if it's a reaction or a flu bug.  
He slept most of the night, and this morning I greased him up with Vick's.  He loves that stuff.  It stinks!  I even put it on the bottom of his feet as I have heard that it is absorbed quicker there.  He had a hairy!  

I have a couple new Your Tubes to watch, in between checking on him in bed.  

 SATURDAY:
I moved my Stampin Up stamps out of the drawer and put them on the shelf so I could see them better. Then I labeled them with the Dyno machine.

Bob still doesn't feel good.  He wanted me to go out to Office Max for ink.  Betsy wanted to wash her car so she drove.
By the time, we got back home, I wasn't feeling good-chills!  So I guess there's a virus in our house.  I put on my pj's and went back to bed.  

SUNDAY:
It's 8:30pm and this is the first I have been up. Coughing and chills.  Bob and I both had the flu shot too.  Bob took a shower today so he must feel better.
Betsy came home and she is sick.  So I'm going to post and hope things improve  around here.

Have a good week.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment