Sunday, February 16, 2014

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

HELLO:
It's been three days since I have Blogged!  Now to rely on memory, Here's hoping it works!
We are watching the parts of the Olympics that interest us.  Lots of up sets for the athletes.  When Sarah was skating her dress had to be a certain length or there would be demerits.  A Canadian pairs gal had a dress on that was way to short for her in the bodice as her bloomers pulled up and her cheeks hung out. she looked like she was wearing a thong!  Another skated with a big bushy ponytail that whipped her in the face, I thought that was a no, no but I asked Betsy and she couldn't add to it.  Betsy always did Sarah's her up in a bun with jewelry accents-pretty!  Well,  years ago, things change.  



SARAH - THROWBACK PIC 
AUNT DEBBIE AND SARAH
THROWBACK PIC  5/19/2001

The deer are still coming to the neighbor's bird feeder.  Night before last there was five of them, they knocked the bird feeder down and it had to be fixed.  They push and shove each other to get to the feed on the ground.  One kicked the smallest one to get her out of the way.  When Betsy is asked at work about her parents, she tells them about us watching for the deer.  The guys all want to know if a buck has come.  There are no horns on the one's I've seen so I really don't know.  I'm to tell them when "Buckie" comes.  

I made two of these valentines and Betsy put them in the mail for me.  The one I saved for my file is stamped crooked. 


KEEP PRACTICING!

WEDNESDAY:
My Stampin Up order came just before supper.  Gees, I have been waiting all day for it and now I have to make dinner.  I opened it and was shocked.  They sent the wrong type of stamps!  They sent rubber stamps, I want the clear acrylic-see through.  I'll have to call after supper.  After, I checked my order numbers; yep, they are right.  In their catalog, there is order numbers for stamps to put on wood base and an order number called clear to put on an acrylic base...I thought the stamp would be clear!   Betsy jumped in on my problem and right away, get that phone out and call the company.  She was told all stamps are rubber based unless you order photopolymer stamps which are only listed on line.  What?  There's no explanation in catalog as to that.  I was so freaking disappointed!  That really lowered my expectations from a good company.  I wanted to send them back.  I went on line to see if the same stamps were available in the photopolymer.  Ha!  There are two pages of these with only about five stamps on each page.  Not available!   So I settled down and called my newly acquired Consultant.  She talked me thru the set up and offered many times to come help me.  I'll work with them just to see. I like the see thru, so I don't get them crooked when I stamp. 
THE RUBBER STAMPS ON MY CLEAR BLOCKS.
 I had ordered some Sizzix Framelits also so I tried using them before throwing in the towel for the night.  That was fun!  
SIZZIX BANNER FRAMELITS
SIZZIX LABEL FRAMELITS




THURSDAY:
Looks bright and beautiful outside, the driveway has melted off for the first time in a while.  
Right after lunch, while it was half way decent out, I drove down to Aldi's for some veggies.  About three o'clock, I started my big-gie Valentine Dinner as Betsy had plans for tomorrow night.  What to heck possessed me?  That's work!  Steak, mushrooms in balsamic vinegar sauce, baked fresh cauliflower, rice and salad.  They loved it!  
For years, I made the mushrooms in butter with worcesterschire sauce...bad for the heart!  Then we found this recipe with balsamic sauce and it's so much better for us.  
BALSAMIC MUSHROOMS:  First off, I always peel the mushrooms, my big sis taught me that..run water as you peel and the skin comes right off.  Then put a scant of oil in skillet, mushrooms and 2 tsp chopped garlic,  simmer, then add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/4 tsp. thyme, and 3 Tlbs balsamic vinegar.  Walla, they are delicious!  Pour them on the steak or rice.   

FRIDAY:
This morning, I made up my mind to get the computer work done that Bob needs for the income taxes.   Then he wanted help checking a double download-again- seems the new credit card/number from the bank caused some confusion.  So we worked till that was back in balance.

Today I thought I should make something sweet; being Valentine's Day.  So in between all the other jobs, I mixed up chocolate cup cakes with peanut butter chips in the middle.  (A friend's suggestion) Then I made icing with peanut butter in the chocolate and let me tell you--it's a sweet treat!  I still have to finish the card I'm making for Bob.  Better late than never.  I used to make a big fuss when the kids were little but not so much anymore.  I even dug out the china.  Ha!  No romance left in me.  

SATURDAY:
Yeah! Today we have an event.  Something different to do.  Bob had made the arrangements for the camping club to meet at the Red Mill Inn for a luncheon.  It's our equivalent to the Snowbirds lunch in the South, only ours is called the Polar Bear Club.  Think the cold North everyone!  We had 18 people attend.  



HOLIDAY RAMBLERS CHAPTER 12 
FRENCH ONION SOUP WAS GOOD!
We were in a walk thru room but it was quite. The Red Mill is an old place and really looked like it needed a face lift but the food was good and they  had good service.  A little slow bringing out the food but that's alot of people to serve.  We had a good time visiting.  We were back home by five o'clock and could stretch out on the couch and watch the Olympics.  


ROCCO & DEBBIE SURACE 
Next Saturday, we have to get all gussied up in formal wear and go to the Leukemia Diamond Ball in Clarence.  Our daughter and son in law are Chairmen for the event.  Debbie and Rocco are working hard to finalize decorations, pledges and auction items etc.  It will be held at Samuel's Grand Manor.  All proceeds go to Roswell Hospital; they just can't do enough for Roswell for saving Annalynn's life!   
SUNDAY:
I was up several times last night.  I was hungry.  So I had a few saltine crackers and glass of milk.  Couple hours later, I was still up and still hungry so I made raisin bread-cinnamon toast and a cup of coffee.  Then I slept until 10:30 this morning.  

Betsy cooked eggs for breakfast and yelled at me for not eating my toast, then I had to confess that I had been eating all night.  

I watched the couples doing the Ice Dancing events.  They all looked beautiful.  So much talent.  Then I worked in the craft room on a couple more scrapbook pages.  I'm still trying out the new purchases, hoping to make each page a little different.

Betsy had her Pirus all tore apart putting on new seat covers.  She needed a little help so Bob assisted.  The back seat area looked "totaled" when I checked on them.  



EASY BOB, EASY!


And here it is after supper and posting time.  We have two episodes left of Downton Abbey for this season; I don't want to miss it.

Hope you all have a good week, making memories.  Thanks for clicking in.   Next week marks three years of Blogging!  I'm still grateful to our friend, Bob, who helped me set it up.  It's been fun!  

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment