Sunday, February 9, 2014

RECOUP

MONDAY:
Just went by.  I was in bed most of the day.  During the night, the fever must have broke as I woke up just drenched.  My hair was damp and plastered to my head.  What a sorry sight!
I did get up long enough  to clean and put a turkey breast in the oven for supper for the others.  I wasn't hungry.

TUESDAY:
We slept late because there's no hurry when you don't feel like doing anything.  I did take a shower and washed my hair, that's like a treat.  Feels so good.
I did get dressed and read some magazines.  Chills and fever gone, we are left with the dreaded cough. We are really getting some good rest. 

Bob had a dentist trip so he picked up bread and milk so we aren't out during the next big storm. Everybody across America is weary of these storms; they are all tired of them.  

WEDNESDAY: 

Okay, Okay, where is Jim Cantori and his Thunder Snow story?  We are getting our share and it looks like it's coming in from the North East which means it is probably a wet snow.  Bob is ignoring it and I hope that doesn't change.  He doesn't need to go out and get cold and wet.

I haven't dressed yet but I have several Valentine card ideas laid out.  I'm using up those old paper scraps.  



Last night I ordered some more tools from Stampin Up; can't wait.  I told Bob that I was making a big order; as there are "big fish" in this catalog.  Meaning I probably spent as much as he does on his fishing escapades.  

About 4 o'clock Betsy came home from work.  She put on her beautiful pink/burgdeny ski suit and went out to snow blow the drive way for us.  Heavens to Betsy, we are glad you did that work for us. 

What a good kid!  Everyone needs a Betsy!
Well, I tried with the cards and nothing is working out.
So I made a tag for a thank you to put on a book bag. Debbie's friend sent me some books and I'm sending some back to her friend.


EASY PEASY!

Folks are in bed here so guess I should be too. Tomorrow the Olympics, yea!  

THURSDAY:
We hurried off to Bob's annual eye checkup appointment.  He needed a driver for the return trip.   Man it was cold out.  He wasn't feeling good when finished so I brought him home and we had lunch. His stomach is still bothering him.  

I went back out as I needed to return stuff to Michael's  and I had to pick up oatmeal at Wal*Mart. Why, Wal*Mart?  Because it's much cheaper there then at Tops.  I picked up several items; one being bird feed as our supply is behind the shed doors. There is a three foot drift in front of the shed doors and so far it's not melting.

Betsy saw an old fashioned drink that would help reduce our coughing, we needed lemons.  After supper, she cooked the lemon, added honey and told us to drink it.  yak!  Another suggestion was cider vinegar mix and honey, Gram Rindo Orsag drank that daily.


Olympics time.  Bob has his stories on so guess I will head upstairs to another TV.  

FRIDAY:
Another day that just went by.  We changed the bed and did that washing.  Bob worked on Income Tax.  I putzed around then cuddled on the couch for a nap.

We watched the Opening Ceremony of the  Olympics. Very long!  If you missed hearing the MC, one had to try and figure out what was going on.  I did enjoy seeing all the "Winter White" fashions.  Now on to the good stuff; the events.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY:
I can't remember what went on yesterday!  Senior Moment!  There isn't much happening as events are down to "0", thus no pictures.  We are on the couch most of the time, catching glimpses of the Olympics.
I have put off going for groceries since it's still so cold.  I made goulash yesterday and chicken and biscuit today; anything that Bob can mash to eat.  

So I guess I'll just post and look forward to a better week.  Thanks for clicking in.  Have a good week!

GOLDEN GRAM 





No comments:

Post a Comment