Sunday, February 23, 2014

OUT ON THE TOWN!

MONDAY:
Last night, we enjoyed Downton Abbey.  They introduced about 10 new suspense stories; how will they end them with only one more episode this season?  Leave us hanging?  Cliff hanger?

As always on Monday, I try to get the washing done.  That responsibility is growing with the use of sweatshirts and sweaters during this cold spell.  Thursday is suppose to be warm, in the 40s. Hope that doesn't miss us.  

In between changing the washing, I sat down to rest and watched the Olympics Ice Skate Dancing contest.  It must have been their long program as I just watched them the other night.  I was able to pick it up on channel 51 during the day.  I was happy that the American couple won!  The girls looked so cute with their Roaring Twenties headbands.  

After supper, I headed for my craft room.  I can always find something to entertain myself.  I made a list of all the cards I will need shortly: 4 graduations, 3 showers, 2 weddings.  (known so far) Might just as well get started!  I did do one album scrapbook page.

TUESDAY:
Oh boy, is it nasty outside with wind blowing and heavy snow coming down.  Yet it's 30o!  Figure that out.  Guess it still means to keep the winter crafts going. 



DRIFTS!
BOB MADE A VIDEO OF THE SNOW SWIRLING 
Well, first I'm going to figure out supper.  I'm tired of heavy meats, we have had everything recently.  I'm thinking soup.  I had mentioned the Unstuffed Cabbage recipe on Facebook to the family and you should have seen their faces.  Oh yeah, the noses went up in the air!   It looks delicious to me but I'm a veggie hound.   So I'm going to look up Pasta Fa Zool????? (Pasta Fagioli or pasta and bean soup) (totally out of my element here) If I put enough pasta in it, maybe they will accept it.  Time will tell.  

The soup turned out delicious.  Now I could eat that all week but the others would be sticking their noses up again.  Finicky people!


EVERYTHING HEALTHY!

In lieu of the hockey on the Olympics, we watched PBS TV about the Grand Coulee Dam Construction on the Columbia River near Spokane, Washington.    Then that was followed by the Pennsylvania Railroad construction of the tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City.  Both were really good programs.   We were just to lazy to do anything else.  I guess.

WEDNESDAY:
We had a trip to Rochester today as I had an appointment with the Dermatologist.  It was beautiful out, lots of sunshine!  We had lunch and shopped before heading home.

It was like 3:30pm, I made coffee and and went out on the porch to sit as it was warm.  I was looking for birds at the bird feeders.  Then-what to heck?  I see a rope hanging down from the feeder near the shed.  Oh my, is that a rat?   I got the binoculars and checked it out. 



IT'S A OPOSSUM!
It was a Opossum!  A big furry one with a pretty white face.  It was busy licking up the seeds.  It couldn't turn around as it was so big.  I watched it for some time.  How did it get up there?  Maybe it jumped from the snow drift over.   I'm thinking that I should have done something to discourage it as it will probably be back.  Opossum Soup?

Now supper is over and I'm waiting for the Ladies to Skate at the Olympics.  

THURSDAY:
No reason to hurry today, except for fear of wasting the day.  Once we got moving, we accomplished several little jobs.  I cleared the dinning room table off an restored the last used pots and small appliances.  Bob helped me wrap a shower gift so that's ready for next week.  
I checked my closet to see if I needed to iron stuff for Saturday night.  I also tried on shoes to see which pair would be comfortable; seems I have a inflamed joint on my little toe.  It's been hurting.  What else? 

After lunch, I went over town to CVS to pick up the new scripts  and stopped for a few groceries at Tops.  I bought two donuts to have with our 4 o'clock coffee.  I checked the bird feeder off and on all day; no opossum today.  

While I was gone, Bob finished the Income Taxes so he asked me to sign the pages.  That's a big job done.

I had spaghetti sauce out of the freezer to make for supper.  On the news, warnings of floods for Genesee County.  It's half rain and half snow here.  

Now on to more Ice Skating to watch.

FRIDAY:
Another appointment; this for my annual eye exam.  That was most of the morning, then Debbie sent a text asking if we were busy or could come and help put decorations up for the LLS Diamond Ball.  We went and had a good time.  Debbie had vases that were about 36" tall that we put a diamond ribbon on, glitter stuff inside and a candle bulb to be added later.  Then a big round mirror ball with tendrils that hung down inside of vase was placed on top.  It should be beautiful.  After finishing that I helped to wrap cookies and Bob went upstairs to help with the donations coming in for the auction.  
We left about 5:00 pm, and came home and had warm ups.  That was a full day for us.  



PUTTING THE DIAMOND  RIBBON ON THE VASES.




THE MIRROR BALL AND PENDANT HANGING INSIDE VASE.
LOOK HARD, IT WASN'T EASY GETTING A GOOD PIC.

SATURDAY:
My phone buzzed on the bed stand, Betsy had picked up Sarah at the airport and would be home shortly.  Whoo, I better get up to visit.  Sarah's flight last night was cancelled due to weather.
Everybody was busy with one thing and another...hemming Sarah's dress, nails, to dah!  We did have a nice lunch all together.  




THERE WE ARE!  ALL GUSSIED UP!


THE DIAMOND ICE SCULPTURE FOR THIS YEAR!



  GREAT JOB ROCCO & DEBBIE!
WELCOMING SPEECH
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND THEIR  LEUKEMIA STORY 


ANNALYNN - SHE SAID SHE TRIED TO KEEP HER SPEECH SHORT!  
ONE OF THE TWO PUPPIES TO BE AUCTIONED.

The 700 guests gathered upstairs for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.  The auction items were all along the outside wall of this room.  I had scanned the items on Saturday while there decorating, so I hurried over to check how the bidding was going.  Doing good, way above what I would have bid.  So many donations; people were very generous.  
There was two puppies, a male and a female in the auction.  I nearly cried when I saw the ladies carrying them around.  They look just like our CINDER when she was a baby.  Rocco's brother, Louis won the bid on the male puppy so his children had to be happy.  

We had a great evening, very proud of our family.  It was a very successful event too; as Rocco announced  that the night's proceeds was $270,000.00.  

SUNDAY:I was the last person up but the rest of the family wasn't moving either.  All couch potatoes!   We hung out until Sarah left for the airport.  Then we all had nappies!

After our comatose state passed, we worked on photos.  Bob put an album on Face Book so look there for more photos.  

And, that's a wrap for this week.  Thanks for clicking in, have a good week making memories.

GOLDEN GRAM 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment