Sunday, March 30, 2014

MARCH 30TH

MONDAY:
Another cool day, actually cold day.  17o   Relatives in Arizona tell me it's 77o there, I'll take it!  Wonder when we will be able to go out comfortably and survey the property?  See if any shingles blew off, see if the grass needs replanted?  Another month, maybe.

Something has to get going so I have things to write about. Well the things we are working on are for the up and coming baby shower for (GD) Christianna and we don't want to ruin the surprise for the guests.  So that will follow. 

Like today is same ole, same ole.  Doing wash, working on computer, reading blogs, when my computer isn't acting up.  This morning is was sayings "trying to close program" and I couldn't see any open ones.  Bob was probably over here and he probably messed it up.  Ha, couldn't have been me.  Hate to say this but it is aggravating and I'm thinking different computer.  Of course, I hate change so I'll drag my feet yelling and screaming.  

TUESDAY:
Oh forgot to write.  We went to Rochester and I browsed thru the David Bridal Store.  The highlight; Bob offered to take me to Olive Garden for lunch!  My fav!



1/2 CHICKEN PARM  SANDWICH WITH GARLIC-CHEESE FRIES.  

A big fat turkey wandered down thru the back field today, right up behind our fence.  I was so fascinated that I didn't think about taking a photo.  We have lived here 40 some years and I never seen a turkey about the area.  Also there has been a big bird perched in a tree in the field; I'm trying to decide if it's a hawk or an owl.  


WEDNESDAY:
Snowing!  Very cold!  Small flakes.  Poop!  We have to drive to Brockport today as Bob has a Dr's appointment there this afternoon.
I made up some jello for dinner and baked a packet of ready to bake chocolate chip cookies before leaving.  The cookies had been in refrig for a while so I wanted to use them up.  Besides it's garbage day again, Bob would have probably thrown them out.  He is still big on bacteria growing within food since he worked in that for years.

After his appointment, we went to Wegman's.  What a beautiful store for groceries.  The produce is displayed so it catches your eye and you can't miss stuff.    

After supper, Bob and Betsy had the computers tied up.  Betsy was tired of the black box cutting out during movies so they pulled the plug the other day.  When she returned it to Time Warner they suggested some kinda up grade.  Well, that set off a bucket full of problems.  Betsy and the guy from TW was working on the problems when we got home with groceries.  I don't understand all the ins and outs but Betsy was pretty upset.  I guess things are good now.  She had to reset the Ipad, all our phones and the computers.  

I went running into my craft room.  I don't dare get in their way.  I finished up four of the cards I'm working on.  Then I played with the pens, trying to learn how to shade the colors.  Wouldn't you think I had coloring in first grade.  

SCRAP WORK-LEARNING HOW TO SHADE COLORS.  

Now a little Blog reading  and I'm off to bed.

THURSDAY: 
Today was a pretty nice day.  Sunshine most of it, around 40ish.  
I dug right into house cleaning and then put the Easter decos up. I'm ready for spring, let's have it.  Little colored bunnies are all over the house.  

You know how I love my soup, well I made a batch of Cream of Broccoli for supper.  It was so good.  I have been craving for a  cheeseburger off the grill outside and thought we needed a little something to go with it.  Thus the soup.  Bob and Betsy both said it was good and enjoyed it.  Ta Dah!  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  
BROCCOLI PARM SOUP

The cheeseburger almost didn't come about.  I put the meat out to defrost about noon, never unwrapped it.  About 4:00 pm, I slit the wrap paper and woosh a smell nearly backed me up.  I wondered if it was the plastic container so I removed the patties and put on a dish.  Nope, those suckers were tainted!  Bob offered to make the run to the store to replace the meat.  

After supper I took a nap but I'm still tired so I've had it for today, Off to bed.

FRIDAY:
I had one of my miserable sleepless nights.  I told Bob to call me about nine so I could shower before our granddaughter, Christianna,  came.  
She is bringing her dog and I will puppy sit for her while they go out of state to a family wedding.  She came about 11:30 am with all his stuff in a shopping bag.  




SAY HELLO TO MARIO!
HE'S COMFY WATCHING TV WITH AUNT BETSY AND HIS MICKEY MOUSE TOY.

We watched TV after lunch to make sure Mario was adjusting comfortably.  I didn't feel like doing anything anyway.  

Once Betsy got home, she cuddle with him.  He is so good, no problems.   As long as Betsy was with Mario, Bob and I finally got up and did a few things before going to bed.  First Mario went with Betsy.  Then he came up stairs to be with us.  Back and forth, back and forth.

SATURDAY:
Every body's up and going.  Bob has fishing instructions at the POND.  (Again)  Betsy has breakfast with the guys; plant manager treat for putting in over time.  So it's just Mario and me.  He's sticking close to me too.  
As I took him out back to potty, I notice spring flowers breaking thru the ground.  Yeah!  

LOOKS LIKE DAFFODILS
A ground hog that lives under our shed was out this week too.  And, the Starlings are back.  So some signs of spring.  Bob saw a Robin but I haven't yet.  The Geese must have by-passed us on their return, haven't seen any in the field.  

SUNDAY:
One more day of snow.  Cripes!  Betsy is outside running the snow blower.  Hope it's the last time.


SINCE OCTOBER!
  
Bob left for fishing at 6:00 AM.  Brrr!   He had another instructional class and then goes to the creek.  


NYMPHS & WOOLLY BUGGERS

THE GUIDE DEMONSTRATING HOW TO  CAST.

When Betsy came in, she was cold and wrapped in a blanket.  Mario jumped up right beside her on the sofa.  Cute.
When Bob came home, 4:30PM, he was tired, Mario jumped up on him.  It's been a good time with Mario,  He is so good and so cute. 

BOB AND MARIO  RESTING! 

I worked on note cards this afternoon.  A new procedure.

I DON'T HAVE THE EXACT STAMP USED IN VIDEO SO I TRIED SEVERAL THAT I DID HAVE.  

I LIKE THIS ONE BEST...IN PURPLE...FANTASTIC!
IT'S A DESIGN BY BRANDY COX CALLED TRIPLE STAMPIN
BUT REALLY IT'S ONLY DOUBLE STAMPIN.  

When Christianna and Joe came to pick up Mario, we had a dish of strawberry shortcake.  Many deer were out in the field.  Then all of a sudden one came running toward the house.  Then we couldn't see it.  I had an inkling that it might have gone to the neighbor's bird feeder, so I went to check.  Sure enough, it was eating away.    I called the family to come an look out my bedroom window.  

Well, it's time for WXXI- Mr, Selfridge serial.  Gotta go watch.


We had a good week, hope you did too.  Thanks for clicking in and talk more next Sunday.  

GOLDEN GRAM 







No comments:

Post a Comment