Sunday, August 3, 2014

HARD RAIN, GREEN BEANS FOR THANKSGIVING, THM MUFFIN IN A MUG, RETIREES, MOSES

MONDAY:
We went to bed worrying about the rain coming in the bedroom window and watching the sky light up along with sounds of thunder.  It down poured.  We got up to rain.  All day it has rained, Bob says, "2.4 inches has registered on his monitor.  Flooding warnings have been posted.  And the worst part is the temperature, 62o.  It feels like summer is over and we will have to turn the heat on.  A little upsetting.

First thing today was to take the motor home for inspection.  Bob had an eight o'clock appointment at the garage.  He was doing something outside an noticed that the sticker had expired, a month ago!  I waited in the garage for him to unhook all the electric cords and what ever.  He came in and said he was ready.  Okay, I leave the garage to cross the road and direct him.  I'm waiting and I'm waiting for the phone call.  It's pouring rain, the wind is blowing my umbrella all over.  I thought the coach wouldn't start.  Then I see Bob leaving the garage to go to the coach.  What to heck?  He had to go to the bathroom!  Okay Bob.


BOB WAS HOME IN AN HOUR 

The weather kinda curbed our activities to being house bound.  Bob sat at the computer most of the day.  One can still do the wash if it rains, and I had a couple naps.

Nothing to earth shaking today. Over the weekend, a  pic came in from the Donna.  Alex (GS at Vance Air Force base) finished his Survival training in the mountains and made a few comments but it's classified  so we have no idea what really transpired.   All we know is it was in the mountains for 10 days, no water- he drank out of streams, he had to run (like under an attack)with a 60 pound back pack, no fire at night etc.   He wasn't near the fires, but he could smell them.  He also has water survival to complete. 


TUESDAY:

Still cold!  Bob worked outside anyway, pulling the big crab (quack) grass out of the new grass seed planting area.  He mowed it and those crab plants stuck up and looked horrible.  Like small trees!  He is pretty per-snickerty with his lawn.


MISERABLE JOB
Then Bob calls me to see a mystery.  Some critter ate every leaf off of Bob's sunflower plants.  Striped them all the way to the blossom at top.  It had to be standing on it's back legs.  Bob is so upset!  He bought those seeds when we were in Oklahoma.  (6 in a packet/$2.00)
 

LEAVES EATEN OFF


I went to the eye doctor's to see what to heck is bothering my eyes.  Well, really I went for two reasons, the above and I still haven't ordered new glasses since my cataract surgery.  That appointment pretty much finished my morning. 
Medicare states 80% payment following surgery; don't believe it!  It's 80% of Medicare approved, I was to learn.  I have a script for an infection to pick up today.  What else?

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making a few new Trim Healthy Mama  recipes.  First I wanted to make their suggested Skinny Chocolate for a snack.  Unsweetened chocolate and Coconut oil, that's it.  I added ground Coconut.  Place on wax paper on paper plate and freeze.  Later I went to check it and as I opened the freezer, the suction moved the plate and it all fell on the floor.  What a mess, and the chocolate started to soften as I was doing clean up.     Good thing it wasn't a lot of work.

I didn't have much better luck making their Country Biscuits.  I checked the ingredients 2-3 times as it never became a batter...looked like a dry flour mixture.  Either I didn't read it right or something is missing in that recipe.  That went in the waste basket.  Bob came in and wanted one, I told him there in the basket.  He looked all over the kitchen and dinning room for a basket.  I had a good laugh!   

I read a couple blogs last night by people on the program.  They suggest a four week start up.  I believe it.  It's still confusing to me.  What I've read so far, none of them mention the miscellaneous ingredients.  (xanthan gum, glucomannan, golden flax meal, several flours, aluminum free baking powder, palm butter, whey protein powder, quinoa, and many more)  Lots to learn.  I may just give up bread like my niece who did and lost weight! 

WEDNESDAY:
When I got up today, I made up my mind that I wasn't staying in the kitchen for hours again.  Give me some outdoor work like cutting wood! Ha.  I settled on house cleaning as Sarah is planning on coming home this weekend.  So I pushed  the dust around!  Once in a while, I get the house cleaning spirit. 

As I was fixing supper, David called, he was ten minutes away, he would like a cup of coffee.  We invited him to supper.  I just had to throw a few more noodles in the pot as  there was plenty of sauce.  We had a nice visit. 

THURSDAY:
We went to the Farmers' Market this morning.  On Thursday's, it's downtown versus the trip across town.  I go nuts at these produce stands.  I love fresh vegetables.  There was a quilt booth and a couple wooden craft stands too.  I passed up baked goods until the last booth; the restaurant/bakery that we love had delicious looking cookies.  I choose oatmeal raisin thinking that was the least of the calories.   I had one at home with fresh coffee and the "cheat" was wonderful. 

ONE OF THE BIGGER VENDORS

BUYING A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING AT THE FARMERS MARKET


Bob Evans was on our schedule for lunch.  The Oatka retirees are now meeting there once a month for lunch.  Bob  was invited while we attended a recent graduation party.  We heard all kinds of news, Bob really enjoyed the contact.  I  forgot my phone for pictures so that's a disappointment.  An observation: of the three retired ladies who attended, they all had nice slim figures!   Their busy traveling; one couple had been on a bus trip to Lancaster, Pa., for the performance of "MOSES".  I'm hearing more about this play, so I googled it.  Apparently performed at a theater  called SIGHT AND SOUND.  Tickets start at $58.00.  Looks like it is also presented in Branson, MO.


NEWS FLASH!!!!!!  Mark and Annalynn are now happy home owners.  They had  the closing yesterday and they moved today.  So happy for them.



ANNALYNN & MARK
FAIRPORT LOCATION
I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE ADDRESS YET. 


Tonight there are three bean picker machines in the second field directly behind our house.  They are huge and noisy.  I suppose if you own one of them, you keep them going as many hours a day as one can to pay for them.  They had their headlights on already and half the field is cut since supper time.  They worked until 12:45 am.


BEAN MACHINE

MORE  BEAN PICKERS
FRIDAY:

5:00am.  They are back!  All three bean pickers!   May as we'll get up and make my coffee.  

What to have for breakfast, is the question.   I decided to try another THM recipe even thou I was  disillusioned with the previous recipes.  MUFFIN IN A MUG-CHOCOLATE VERSION coming up.   One minute in the microwave, dump, cut and smear with butter.   Read that again Caroline!  It says a little pat of butter.   Cripes!   
I didn't have the almond flour so I used coconut flour.  It's eatable but far from delicious.  Wonder if Bob would like some when he gets up?


MUFFIN IN A MUG
YOU CAN BAKE IT IN A COFFEE CUP  OR A RAMKIN

GIVE ME SOME BUTTAH!!!

After lunch, I made a pot of stuffed peppers and put that on the stove on simmer while we went out to enjoy the pool.  Our pool water was way above the filter hole from all the rain.  Bob did a back wash to get rid of some of it.  We had a great afternoon, little more sun tan to show for the time.  

The bean pickers worked all day, leaving about 7:00 pm.  Bob thinks they were making a second cut of the rows.    No wonder it took them so long to finish.

 Now we are sitting around waiting for Sarah's arrival.

SATURDAY:

The girls are up and gone for their appointments.

Well, I made eggs & turkey bacon for our breakfast on my "Starting Over Diet!"   Everyday, I'm starting over, not doing so good with the off diet products.  I guess I'm trying to keep it more normal and still lose weight.   I really enjoyed the stuffed pepper last night for supper.

Until I get out of the kitchen, grease my eyeballs, my feet and legs, brush my teeth and make the bed, the morning is over.   Bob has been out vacuuming the motor home already.  Yesterday we spent some time looking for camp grounds (new to us) near Skaneateles.  We actually have a few days to ourselves and we want to take off!  Maybe Monday morning, depending, I twitched my back and couldn't straighten up yesterday.  Pain oh my.  Today I can stand up but I have sore spots.   What else?  Right away the fear of having back surgery CREEPS in again.  No!


We were in the pool the whole afternoon,  really wonderful.  One has to take advantage of the weather.   Bob took down the drapes in the motor home to launder.

When the girls came back home; they had stopped at a grocery store and had supplies for supper.  Sarah whipped around fixing a couple dishes of her favorites to show us.  They had been to Lockport to see the Great, Grand baby, Lorenzo.


SARAH SAYS, HELP-HE IS CRYING!  


CHRISTIANNA SENT US THE RECENT I MONTH PHOTOS.
JUST 40 PICS!   

In the evening, we had "Family Night" watching a movie.   The girls picked out Divergent-an action packed, weird story if I ever saw one.  2.5-3 hours long.  Whoa!

SUNDAY:
Dull, Deary, Cool and rain again.  No pool today.

Sarah packed up and started out for Boston before 10:00 A.M.   I started to sew the hems of MH drapes that had washed apart.  Fix em up, make due.  I packed a few items in MH.

Now waiting for the Bills Pre Season game, I think it will be on TV.

That's our week again.  A quite one.  Relaxing.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a good week.

GOLDEN GRAM













No comments:

Post a Comment