Sunday, October 19, 2014

KEURIG - CHICKEN SOUP - JOHN DEERE - THE QUILT!

MONDAY: IT'S A HOLIDAY! 

When I was working for the county, today was always a big shopping day.  Being that many employees of other places did not have the day as a holiday, it was never to crowded.  It was always fun to tell Bob at supper time about my purchases, especially when it was furniture or a bigger purchase.  I can understand why he started to develop anxiety around the holidays.  Ha!

I really didn't accomplish much today, still sniffling.  
When Betsy came home from a friend's MORE THAN sniffling, it was time for CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP!  


ENOUGH FOR ALL WEEK

TUESDAY:
I can't get over how nice it is outside.  Really balmy while some of the states are facing bad storms.

We have tried to order k-cups for the Keurig coffee machine since Saturday.  The web site just didn't accept our order.  Today, I sent them a message on Face book to e-mail me when they fixed their problem as I was irked typing everything over and over.   Low and behold, the phone just binged!  They gave me apologizes and said to use the phone number to call my order in.  That's nice, don't you think.  

Bob is still  working on his John Deere lawn mower.  He pushed it into garage Saturday.  He has just about every part cleaned and checked.  





Today I went out to check and he has it tore down to the gas tank.  Oh boy.   


IT LOOKS LIKE A ROADSTER

Still not feeling good enough to tackle the quilt backing, I looked for a simpler project to entertain myself.  So I watched "Jenny" do the tutorial on the tube pillowcase and went to match up some more scraps.  I hope you don't get tired of me talking about Jenny of The Missouri Star Co as she is one smart lady with her tutorials; she is rejuvenating the town by employing 115 people and purchasing 12 old buildings.  There was even a TV blurb about their (the family) good work.  


FINISHED PILLOWCASE
DOESN'T EVERYONE WANT APPLE DESIGN ON THEIR BED?

 Hay, I'm using up scraps.  All seams on the cuff/border are hidden; it's done with her roll up into a tube instructions.  I had fun learning that I could do it.
WEDNESDAY:
Yesterday, my new children's book was delivered.  I was excited to view it and wasn't disappointed one bit. It's beautiful!  The book was written by the youngest daughter of our past neighbor.  We watched her grow up!  Actually, they camped with us.  The Title of the book is Three Little Girls and a Magical Unicorn by Jennifer Gervase-Benson.  The story is encouragement to reach goals.  Available on Amazon around Nov. 4th.  Jen says that she has written stories since she was five years old.  I would say that she is a "chip off the old block" as her Dad made up many stories while we camped.  His creation of the "Early Bird", "the Woolif", and the "Autumn of our Years" will always be remembered.

We needed Kleenex so Bob and I drove over town to BJ's.  We had planned to get a sandwich on the way back home as we had coupons for the new McDonald's on our side of town which opened while we were away.  (right across from Miss Batavia restaurant)  I wonder why we need two McD's in this small town but they were busy clear out to the road. 
THE MODERN DESIGN
NO ARCHES!

THURSDAY:
We were in Lockport all day.  Bob had a Dr's appointment and I had a haircut scheduled.  After we went to Debbie's for coffee and Bob helped around their pool.  Christianna came over with baby Lorenzo and he showed me how he can roll over now.  He is growing so fast.


FRIDAY:
When I got up there was a note on the kitchen table, gone fishing!  Oh, I thought the fishing plans were cancelled last night. 
So I have the day to myself again.  I pulled the sheets off the bed and washed them in between sewing.  I laid out my quilt and had to add fabric to the width. I put all the binding pieces  together which was a challenge for me.  A simple thing but to sew on the diagonal  getting the pieces even when opened up was a struggle. 
Then Bob came home.  No fish.  He started to tell me about his day and said that he went by himself!  I wasn't to happy about that idea.   Who would watch over him?


Do you have an appliance with a handle that you can hang a towel on?  How many times do you pick the towel up off the floor?  I do and I was sick of picking up the towel.  While camping and visiting our friend Pam, I saw this idea in her motor home so during the day I made it up.  It looks like a doll's dress  with a tie on each side, there is a front and a back.  I cut the towel in half.   Oh yeah, I have doll patterns as old as my kids.  


HALLOWEEN TOWELS ARE MARKED DOWN AT JOANN FABRICS
Our evening was quite, flipping thru the channels of TV.  Elboa this and Elboa that.  

SATURDAY:
I can't think of anything interesting!  I screwed up the day by getting up late; shower, and baking.  I had apples to use up so I made the Apple Cuts recipe that's baked in a cookie sheet.  
Bob asked what's for lunch at three o'clock, then he asked what's for supper?  I apologized and said that I didn't know as I had this apple recipe on the brain all day.   We combined  the two meals. 

SUNDAY:
Another nice quite day, no plans, no demands, a do what you want day.  

Bob continues to work on the John Deere and when he gets tired, he comes in to use the computer.  He is researching insurance plans again.  I have been notified that my plan will be discontinued and he has been notified that his plan is going up around $50.00. 

I worked on the quilt.  By this time tomorrow it should be finished.  I am hand stitching the binding now.  As soon as I added the fluffy filling, it felt so good.  I could begin to feel the warmth and comfort of a quilt.  I must say, I have lots of boo boo's, but I kept going, and I learned a lot.    I'm am not happy with the mitered corners!  Guess I'll have to Google those instructions because the magazine instructions made a shallow miter.  I ran the vacuum as I had cuttings all over the floor and they were tracking all over the house.
ALMOST FINISHED!
I NEED TO TAKE OUT THE PINS AFTER TYING IT. 
Glad the Bill's won!  I had the game on but I didn't see much with the sewing project.

Well, time to relax.  Thanks for joining me and I wish you a happy week.  

GOLDEN GRAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment