Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow, Snow & Cold!

MONDAY:
I'm blank as to what I did today.  Let's start off with Bob's project.  Over last week; he slowly and methodically  pulled everything off the garage wall where he wants to put his new cabinets.  He had lots of stuff to relocate as that wall was covered.  Betsy had picked up the hanging rack at Sears and she helped him to install that then place the cabinets. 
BOB'S NEW CRAFTSMAN CABINETS.
Ah yes, I made some bean soup.  I picked up the kitchen.  I picked up my finished puzzle to get it ready to mail to my sister.  Then I checked thru all the addresses on the received Christmas cards.  Important little stuff!

The afternoon Bob and I checked all the saved files for the camping club.  After 7 years as Secretary we will be handing everything over to the newly elected and I had stuff so out of order.  I think we pretty much have each writing in the folder it belongs in now.  This computer does what it's told; funny thing I always think that I'm saving things right! 

Then I got an e-mail from Debbie inviting me to go dress shopping with the Bridal party that evening.   Betsy drove and we met everyone at a Rochester shop.  It was fun to see the young girls in the gowns all gussied up!  I tried on three more dresses and never hit that moment when you say "yes, this is the dress!"   One of the dresses made me feel like Dolly Parton; alot more on top than I have.   Wish I had her tiny waist!  When they (14 of us) were all satisfied we went to the Macaroni Grill for a late dinner. 

TUESDAY:
We received word today that (GS)Alex will be assigned to an Airforce base in Oklahoma right after graduation.  He wanted Texas but he is happy with OK.  Several of his friends are going to Mississippi!  Too soon!
Also heard of a calendar date change:  (relatives pay attention) The wedding shower date for (GD) Christianna has been changed from April 22, 2012, to April 29th, 2012.   Hay, that's my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary-April 29th, 1926.  Well, I guess they will be there in spirit!

Bob and I worked together on the HRRVC camping records again.  We had a lot of junk saved.

After supper,I decided it was time to take down my glass ornament tree (2 hours to pack it all) .   I remembered back when my Mom had barely finished putting decorations up until Jan. 7th.  (Three Kings Day) and no way were we allowed to take it down before that date.      While doing that; I watched the Biggest Looser and it had a different ending!  Putting one guy down for his actions.  Scrapping amongst the team.  Kinda gross!

WEDNESDAY:
I lofted about 10:00am.  Surprise from (DH)Bob; he had arranged for our newly elected HRRVC Secretary to come over this afternoon to go over the transfer of records.  Wow, I have to wake up and get ready!  Now there's no way a person can pick up a house when there is so much piled everywhere for certain events so I dismissed that idea and did what I could.  Bob did run the vacuum upstairs to pick up the tinsel on the floor from tree dismantling! He shoved the tree decos back in storage under the stairs.  There we're ready so we had lunch. 

Once Bob Jae (Bob Jae has a Blog, he helped me with mine) was here, we talked and talked going over stuff.  We had lots of laughs.  The guys even worked in the procedure for installing a generator and some Ipad questions.  Oh ya, Bob showed him all about his new weather station.  Sarah came home from her "hot Yoga" class with Annalynn.  We introduced her to Mr. Jae and she said the right thing!  "I've heard all good things about you!"  Bob J. will have lots of reading material for these winter days.  Shortly after Bob J. left, Betsy came home from work.  The girls were going to "Spin Class", they would eat later. 

Well, be darned if I'm cooking, off we went to eat out.  Now that was a experience.  A family came in with children and of course they picked the big booth right behind us.  The kids were kids!  Of course, the parents wanted them to behave in public.  (Apparently they don't teach them at home) With a very loud voice the mother was correcting them and she was worse than the kids.  She never let up.  One boy took his meal and went to the front of the restaurant to sit on the bench.  I nearly jabbed myself with the fork on her outbursts for that one!  The father asked for a takeout and he left with one of the kids.  That's how bad it was.  Moral of the story; don't sit by a big booth. 

THURSDAY:
Rain all night and all day.  Bob is out checking his rain gauge. 

Finally a day to do the washing and the machine is not busy.  The girls must be all caught up with their wash.  We were close to running out of gutchees! 

I worked on some financial duties this morning.  Everything takes time.  I received another bill from a doctor in Rochester for the copay amount.  I thought we had that taken care of back in October.  Apparently the bank didn't send them a copy of my email payment as promised.  (DH) Bob took right over and he was on the phone for some time with the doctor's office staff and then the bank.  Hope this will end that problem. 

Time to get cleaned up again as we are going to Lancaster to see (GS)Eric before he leaves to go back to college.   Also, before I get my teeth tomorrow and I'll be miserable.  

FRIDAY:
Our green winter is gone!  Blowing and drifting snow; and it's cold.  My appointment at the dental office was for 10:00am.  We got ready and backed out of the garage.  The snowdrift fell into the garage so the garage door wouldn't stay down.  Bob had to get out and shovel the clumps away. 
Then driving was slow but we made it.  The place was open much to my surprise.  Everything went well.  My new teeth went right in.  No adjustment for the top plate.  One on the bottom plate.  We'll see how it goes from here.

We went over to Wal*Mart for bread, milk and birdseed.  There wasn't many customers; the floors were still shinning. 

Lunch at home and then a nap.  I was rived up with nerves and had to settle them down. 

SATURDAY:
Up early so I could call the dental place.  This morning I couldn't get the lower false teeth back in.  The left side of my jaw was too swollen.  I called and called.  No answer.  They promised me they would be there!  Punt time again!  What else, I went back to my old set.

Betsy is outside running the snow blower in our driveway.  (DH) Is not allowed to do it but he sneaks sometimes.  The County plow dumped about 6" at the end of the driveway and it will be hard to get thru if it freezes. 

BETSY RUNNING THE SNOW BLOWER FIRST TIME THIS WINTER.


LOOKS COLD OUT THERE.


Well,  the cursor is stuck here.


We watched football most of the afternoon and evening.  Later GS Eric came down to visit with Sarah.  She promised to cook dinner for him but that never came about-they went out for Chicken Fingers.  We watched a movie together later.

Before going to bed, I went on the library site to get more reading material.  Of 9 pages of mysteries only two listings were available.  All the rest was "place a hold" and when it becomes available they will e-mail me.  Well, that's annoying!  Must be alot more people received e-readers for Christmas.   Also, for many of the books there is only one copy available.  

Sunday: 
Boy is it cold today.  The porch windows have "frost etchings" on them.

I was able to put the new teeth in again today.  I have to get used to them.

Betsy bought a new printer to go with her Ipad.  She and Bob was working on hooking that up.  I guess our printers are to old.   That figures!  They don't even wear out and they need updated.

All the kids took off for Holiday Valley for boarding & skiing.   I wanted to go watch them but came to my senses after deciding I don't need to be adding to my problems.  Instead, Bob helped me take down the last of the Christmas decorations in the Rec room.  






















All of a sudden, I can't add captions, as it moves the photo somewhere else above.  Rats.
#1 photo:Annalynn, Christianna & Sarah
#2 photo: Annalynn, Christianna & Rocky
#3 photo:Eric, Annalynn, Sarah, Rocky & Christianna.


So that's about it from our area.  Another week rolled by.  Hope you had a good one.  Posting time.

Thanks for clicking in.

Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment