Sunday, January 1, 2012

A WEEK OF NAPPIES!

CHRISTMAS:
OUR CHRISTMAS PHOTO: ME. DEBBIE, BETSY, DONNA, DAVID
BOB, ROCCO, ANNALYNN & SARAH
ALEX, CHRISTIANNA-THE BRIDE TO BE, ERIC & ROCKY

 Annalynn & Debbie brought red tee shirts for everyone. Annalynn came up with the design and she used the YUDO machine to make them. The camera people lined us up for more mug shots! Flash, flash flash!  Then David forwarded the photo after he "touched" it up in software at home.  He removed the wall and fireplace, fixed the eye glasses glare and added the green background, lettering and the train!  Clever ahe? 
About 10:30 pm on Christmas; it did snow.  The cars were all covered when the families departed for home.
MONDAY:
Ah, today was do as little as possible.   My main concern was getting my Christmas china out of the dishwasher and safely packed away so we could take down the extended makeshift tables from Christmas dinner.  I did accomplish that. 
The girls left early to go shopping and return a few items.    Bob was so tired that he commented about everything he wanted to do just didn't go right.     So we closed the blinds, turned on the tellie  and each took a sofa and had a 2 hour nappie. 
In my head, I'm still remembering all the fun we had yesterday playing a new game (to us anyway) called "Catchphrase".    We made two teams and a small machine is passed with words to act out so your team members guess the word.  You couldn't use the word in your description.  There was places, things, famous people, wars, etc.   It was great to see all the kids and adults interacting on something so simple.  I think the game is a new twist on an old game; who's name escapes me.  Could it be Charades? 
Following  warm ups for supper, Sarah was going to show us her photos from Paris but we couldn't find the right cord to the TV.  So we watched something else.  Betsy was playing with her new IPAD and Sarah was on her computer sending photos to her friend Annie in Paris.  So not much  communication with them; their tired too.
Time to call it a day.  I have a new Nicholas Sparks book to start; "The Wedding."
TUESDAY:
I messed around on computer after getting my coffee this morning.  Sarah was using the washer & dryer so that duty was off my list until she finished.  I had several e-mails and one contained a photo of Bob's southern family that I shall share.

WE HAVE TEXAS, MISSISSIPPI, AND FLORIDA  REPRESENTED HERE.  THEY ALL GATHERED IN FL @MIKE & CATHY'S.
LEFT TO RIGHT:  Jane (Rindo)Maunus, her son, David McCartney, (nephew)his 3 kids: Christian, Julia and Chloe; Mike Strine, (nephew)Donna Strine Ward, (niece)Cathy Perkoski, Al Maunus, Megan Ward; Evan, Tim, and Bill Perkoski. Oh yeah, and Black Jack J

As we ate the left overs, we repacked foods and washed the big bowls to put away.  We sorted our stocking gifts and put  those items away.     
Then Sarah started cleaning her room.  We now have garbage bags of clothes, high school text books, notebooks etc.  They look "cute" beside the Christmas tree.  (kidding)   She did a big job and her closet sure looks better.    Later that evening, she showed us her photos of Paris.  She was surprised how small the portrait of the Mona Lisa was. 
WEDNESDAY: 
Well, she's here in all her strength!  Momma winter is about in rain, ice, snow and cold. Brrr! 
SNOW STILL COMING DOWN!


IT'S PRETTY!

Our plans for a birthday evening with movie maybe put on hold if this weather continues.   I have my coffee and I'm trying to decide what takes precedence for today.  More coffee!
I ended up making a list of all Sarah's clothes that go to Salvation Army.  That was a big job but Betsy can use it to deduct from her income taxes.  (If that's still allowed)  I worked about 4 hours on folding, writing, repacking. 
Bob has been cutting up boxes and trying to keep up with the garbage.  
TRASH PILED UP!



WONDER WHAT THE NEIGHBORS THINK OF ALL THIS TRASH?

BOB HAS BEEN BUILDING HIS NEW CRAFTSMAN STORAGE CABINETS.

Betsy came home after lunch, she said the roads were fine that we could still go tonight.  So it was hurry up and finish my job and then shower and
get dressed to go.  In honor of Betsy's birthday, our whole family met at
Olive Garden for dinner and then we went to the movies to see "WE BOUGHT A ZOO".   The movie had a lot of sad drama but it was not all black like so many movies, no shooting, rape or sex.  Sorta like a Disney Movie.  That's my style.  Matt Damon has an adorable smile too.
THURSDAY:
I'm still picking up and putting things away.  So much stuff gets pulled out for just one day, it's amazing. 
When Bob returned from his errands downtown we had a late lunch.  Then he downloaded Form 10 which reports planned 2012 camp outs to International headquarters. 
About 4:00pm we started getting ready to go out for dinner with our old camping club. (The ARGY'S)   One couple now lives in the Villages in FL and they are in Rochester visiting their children for the holidays.  I had made the arrangements a couple weeks ago in hopes that all could attend.  My friend who had the lung surgery started chemo yesterday but she felt good enough to come.  We were thankful for that.  We all reminiscenced about the good ole days and had lots of laughs. 

Leaving the restaurant we were greeted with  a heavy wet snow that was falling.  We all had to scrap the car windows.  The roads were slick and (DH) Milkman had to see how bad the new car would slide around.  So we did a couple intended dipsy doodles before he came to his senses.  Okay, Bob.
Back at home, the wash machine is still going; man the girls have alot of washing.  Suitcases & bags are piled up all over the mud room for Sarah's departure tomorrow. 
Well the 11:00 news is on so that's a signal that it's bed time. 
FRIDAY:
Bob called me to tell me he was leaving.  10:30 am, oh my gosh I slept late. So I hurried about packing some food for him to take fishing with the boys. (David, Alex & Eric) 

DAVID WITH HIS NEW WADERS, POLE AND VEST

ALEX TRYING HIS LUCK.
CAN'T FISH WITHOUT THAT PIPE!

ERIC, "THERE'S MORE FISH IN THE POND AT HOME!"



Bob was gone until at 7:00pm.  I had a nice quite, peaceful day.  I straightened up all the cupboards out on the porch as it was so warm.  After I tackled deleting all the old e mails-there was about 250 now.  That's a job as I look to see if I have saved all the photos that come in.  Then I took time to post all the books I have read and deleted them off my e-reader.  I made lunch about 3:00 when Betsy came home from work.  I worked a little longer on computer until my eyes hurt; then I took a nap. 
Once Bob returned he told of the days adventures.  They didn't catch a fish.  We had a quick hot dog and watched Gold Rush and  Most Wanted before going to bed. 
SATURDAY:
It was cold and wet out most of the day.  I went over town to scoop up some Christmas wrap stuff.  Bob and Betsy worked on his new weather monitor station.  It measures wind, speed, direction, temperature, humidity, rainfall, etc.  Wireless transmission. 
BETSY & BOB PUTTING UP THE WEATHER MONITOR.

THAT TOP THING SPINS IN THE WIND.  NOT VERY APPEALING TO THE BACK YARD DECOR. 
They also brought in the outdoor Christmas lights before the freezing temps return. 
We had a quick supper and enjoyed a quite evening at home.  Never saw the ball drop!
SUNDAY:
Now we have to remember to write 2012.  That will take a while, I'm sure.
It sounds like our first week will be high winds, rain and 48" of snow!  Oh, Man, might have to run the snowblower yet if it comes here.

So off to a new year.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Have a good week everyone!

Golden Gram

3 comments: