Sunday, April 1, 2012

Temperture drop-20 degrees tonight

MONDAY:

The creature of habit that I am; I have wash day back on Monday!   I had the whole morning to take care of the wash, folding and mending.  After lunch I headed for physical therapy at 2:30 pm.  So that worked out nice.  The work out was in the pool so bet I'll be sore again.   Back home, I washed out my bathing suit and then laid down with the ice pack.  PT is reeving up my old knee.  That makes me anxious; will I have to go thru surgery for the other knee sooner than I thought?

Bob mowed the lawn for the first time this spring.  He just hated to start doing it as it won't end till the snow flies again.  He said, "the tractor came to a dead halt and he had to giggle a few wires to get it going again."

Betsy was home from work as I got up to start supper.  She wanted to go test drive a car that she is thinking about buying.  Did we want to go and then get supper somewhere.  Supper postponed!  I was hurting pretty bad so I begged off but Bob went.  I had nibbled on several crackers before they returned.   Returning home, they were all excited and couldn't wait to tell their tales; Betsy traded cars!
She is tired of putting out $500.00 a month for gas driving to work.  She will pick up the new Prius (Toyota) tomorrow night, 50 miles per gallon. She has been researching for several weeks and she had all the coupons & bonuses printed out.  She tells the story that the salesman finally said, "no more coupons!"  It will be a big adjustment for her after having the truck for 10 years.

So tonight we face a big weather change as the weather man says chance of a freeze @ 20 degrees or lower.  Why didn't the nice weather stay with us?

TUESDAY:
FROM THIS TO-
Bob's weather machine registered 18 degrees during last night. 
My beautiful white Star Magnolia is all brown this morning and drooping.  Bob wonders if the fruit trees up around the lake were frozen too.  That will hurt the crops.
TO THIS!
The daffodils fell down but it doesn't look like it hurt them any.  A few are standing back up today.
We need to rake the yard but Bob's waiting till his back feels better.




I can't remember all that we did in the afternoon but at supper time Betsy said to go ahead and eat as she was going to pick up her new car. 

BLACK, 4 DOOR, COMPUTER ON WHEELS!

NO KEY-JUST PUSH A BUTTON!
She took us for a ride around by the college and back thru town.  Then Bob drove.  There are so many things to learn when she asked if I wanted to drive, I said no way!  The monitor part of dash is not behind the steering wheel, it's located up high on dash and you can read all the print outs.  Weird!  There is a constant picture of the car and a print out about the car system and what's happening.  It's like a comic book and you want to reach up and turn the pages. Unreal! 

WEDNESDAY:
Bob called and ordered the base plate towing parts for the Ford Escape.  Soon we will be able to hook up and pull a "toad".  I think most of the camp grounds open on April 1st.  Then where to go?
I worked on the photo albums most of the day and I have one more to change.  All camping photos from 1970's and 1980's which were falling out and turning pink.  I now have 4 large albums but I threw out eight of the old non-acid free albums.  I'm pleased with that job almost done.

THURSDAY:

 Lazy morning which turned into a shopping day before & after PT.  We went to several places as I needed some gift wrap ribbon and couldn't find the color or size that I wanted.
I picked up a few things to restock (medicines & soaps) the motor home so we are prepared for the first trip.  Ya wouldn't think I'd be doing that with snow predicted this weekend. 


Betsy wouldn't be home for supper so we went to Applebee's while we were out.  We haven't been there in ages and they no longer have our favorite dishes on the menu. 

Once home, I fixed a cute little Easter basket for Sarah since she is going to the other Grandma's in Fl. for the holiday.  Betsy will bring it to her as she is leaving tomorrow to visit Sarah and  to attend the ceremony as Sarah gets inducted into the Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society. 
FRIDAY:
Betsy left about 7:00am for Bryant Univ.   She stopped to fill up her new car once and it costs her $27.00, she was thrilled. 
In the afternoon, we watched the movie 'Girl with the Dragon Tatto' for the second time on our big TV.  The voice was much better than the upstairs TV (it must need repaired) and we needed the second viewing to figure out the people in the story.  I had read the book a couple years ago and knew it would be gory, sadistic and etc., but wasn't prepared for the darkness. 
That evening, Betsy's friend, Cassie stopped over to visit while the realtor was showing her house.  I was making chocolate chip cookies to take to Christianna's house for tomorrows snack for the workers. 
SATURDAY:
We gassed up the Escape and drove to Lockport to help out with the preparations of the De Voe home.  Bob and Rocky worked on changing 5 electrical lights.  Uncle Louis, Aunt Donna (Ziti), Deb, & Christianna were all painting.  They now have two coats on every room except the sun room.  I went with Annalynn to Deb's house to work on a wedding craft.  Later in the afternoon; Rocco started painting the crown molding and that will probably be put up tomorrow.
It's looking clean and beautiful there now. 
UNCLE LOUIS DOING THE SECOND COAT-HE IS A FAST WORKER!
ROCCO PREPARING THE CROWN MOLDING.
DEBBIE WORKING IN BATHROOM.

ROCKY & BOB INSTALLING A DINNING ROOM LIGHT



Once back home I saw that photos had come in from Betsy.

SARAH WITH HER AWARDS. CONGRATULATIONS!

THE CORDS, PIN & CERTIFICATE

THE PROGRAM BOOK



To be eligible for membership the academic ranking of those being considered must place in the top 10 percent of the senior class.  

SUNDAY:
April Fools Day.   April 1st!  The first day of Trout fishing and the fishermen who line the creek banks will be greeted with a mix of rain and sugar snow. (big flakes)  Rain will raise the water and make it muddy and the fish won't bite.  We get what we get; in this unusual climate this spring.

No plans for today so we just did what ever suited ourselves.  It was wet and cold all day so we didn't even leave the house.  I watched a documentary about South West Indians installing solar power on their reservations. 
They are planning on building a clean (green) coal plant which they will own and receive the benefits. 

And that's another week for us.  Next week we have a full calendar and will be busy preparing for Easter. 

Thanks for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment