Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Week

MONDAY:
Good morning.  We needed some grub in this house!  No bread, last of the milk, and salad fixings wiped out.  So off to BJ's and Tops for a little grocery shopping. 

That was a workout, so after an afternoon nap I fixed a real good supper with all the new groceries. 
Our local ice cream shop (Lickity Splits) opened today and we were going to go there after supper but everyone was satisfied after our meal.
We settled in for a boring night of TV.

TUESDAY:
We had breakfast, then a shower and headed off to physical therapy.  It was a tough one; Darryl pushed down on my knee and it hurt!  Still!  Couple spots still tender @ 9 weeks. 
After lunch, I fixed an ice pack and watched public TV.  They had a story on about the lady who wrote "TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD."  That book has been in this house somewhere; I ought to find it and read it.

Bob picked up the mail and let me know that I had a bill from Borg Imaging for $920.00 for a date of service last June. The invoice said they had billed my insurance and no payment; please pay now.  Here we go again, doing a clerk's work.  I called our insurance, there wasn't a charge on my claim so they never received an invoice.  Called Borg; told them to resubmit with the correct address to bill.  Hope that's the end of that.

Bob went up to the Ford garage to pick up our Ford Escape.  He had their service men install the tow hitch.   He wasn't a happy camper when he spotted the safety chains/brackets that goes on the base plate in the trunk of the Escape.  After so many words; he said he wasn't leaving until they were installed correctly.  I don't know how much had to be disassembled but there on now.  Then Bob had to fight the additional labor costs.  "No way ho say!"  Another good campfire story!

Tuesday night everybody has a favorite TV show so we all scattered to a different set. 
WEDNESDAY:
No appointments today so I worked on the computer.  I read a couple Blogs and then entered cash receipts into Quicken.  Finally it's working correctly! 

We visited my older friend @ UMMC that afternoon.  She has had a cold which developed into pneumonia and she is dehydrated, then she took a hard fall and landed on her head which resulted in a horrible black eye.  Her family is talking nursing home now so she isn't living alone.  Sad. 

Pizza hit the spot for supper.  I found the book To Kill a Mocking Bird so I started to read that.  It must be Sarah's copy as it is filled with notes within the printing, across the bottom and the sides.  It's kinda messy! 

THURSDAY:
Mornin! Hurry up and get ready for a trip to Lockport for a hair appointment.  Then to lunch and up to Eastern Hills area for some shopping. 

I didn't want to be gone all day as I had cut out cookies to bake for Easter dessert.  Bob had to get home to pack warm clothes as he has been invited (as his birthday present) on a charter fishing trip tomorrow with David & Alex.  They have to meet the captain at 7:00 am tomorrow so Bob went to their house for the night.  Whee!  I feel like I'm on vacation! 
The cookies are baked and ready for my decorator.  (Betsy)

This has been a busy day so guess I'll go read a bit.
FRIDAY:

A great "girl day" for Betsy and I.  We went shopping at the Galleria Mall and had a great dinner at Olive Gardens.  The stores were packed with shoppers.  We had to wait for dressing rooms as there was so many people trying on clothes. 

Back home, we both hit the couches!  I finished the book I've been reading.  (To Kill A Mockingbird)  Now I have to find something else to read.

Bob came home about 7:00pm.  He was sunburnt or wind burnt.  He had lots of fun and lots of stories to tell.


26" STEELHEAD!   WHAT A TREAT! 


THEY BOTH WERE LUCKY!  DAVID'S CATCH.


GUIDE MARK, DAVID & ALEX 



THE BIGGEST  ONE GOT AWAY!

SATURDAY:
Ha!  I woke up early ready to start cooking and changed my mind.  I went back to bed to watch the weather channel and fell back asleep.  I need the extra sleep.  Anyway, once up and showered and ready to roll; Betsy and I made Great Grandma Rindo's traditional dish called Sweet Cheese.  It's basically sweetened scrambled eggs, raisins and cinnamon.  You cook it until eggs curddle and then pour it into cheese cloth to drain.

SWEET CHEESE DRAINING

This has to be refrigerated and then sliced for serving.  We always have this and polish sausage with our hard boiled eggs after Easter Mass.  

Next was the cookie decos.

BETSY DOES A PRETTY JOB!
After I made up one bag of melted chocolate mixed with chopped nuts, coconut and raisins.  Love that chocolate!

Bob worked most of the day on the new towing lights for the top of our Escape.   The old ones quit, again, probably 10 years old and owe us nothing.  Bob called us to step on the motor home brake, turn the turning lights on, off, etc.

SAFETY LIGHTS CHECK FOR TOWING


 SUNDAY:
Today I was up before the "lead bird". (The first one you hear in the morning while camping )  I started right in making the pineapple upside down cake for Bob's 75th birthday!  Then I prepared the green bean casserole to bake later.  I  fixed the sweet  cheese & sausage plate, then a cookie and chocolate plate.  



Well, lots more  to work in today so I'm going to post this now. 
Hope you all have a wonderful Happy Easter.

GOLDEN GRAM  



3 comments:

  1. Love you guys!! Happy Easter toyou all! and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO my bestest brother
    BOB on his 75th BIRTHDAY!!!
    LOVE YOU LOTS,
    Marj and Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading - exhausting and fun. Tell the Bobster, Happy Birthday! Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Bob! Hey Chook, glad to see I am not the only one doing the painstaking job of entering receipts into Quicken! I have a ton of them right now to do, following vacation! Love you and thanks for the great blog!!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete