Sunday, April 29, 2012

SPRING SNOW STORM FIZZELS!

MONDAY: 
Well, so far the big predicted snow storm hasn't materialized, maybe an inch or so. The storm warnings for Buffalo are cancelled already.   Just alot of hype for our area.  South of us was not so lucky.  But bless them for trying to warn us.
Once again it's Monday and it's mid afternoon already.  I have one more load of washing and drying to do , plus I have paid bills already.  Paying bills is always a challenge; figuring out where I want to give up the money.  No, I don't hoard every penny but the next thing to it!    What a relief, the last charges for physical therapy are in and paid.  Hallelujah! 

It's a chicken day again...(Oh, do I have to make chicken? I hate to touch it.  I keep a pair of rubber gloves under the kitchen sink to wear so I don't have to feel it.  Wearing them helps to get a grip to pull the skin and fat off too.)  I have a new recipe for Chicken Tenders that I want to try.  They are baked so maybe not to bad for our Cholesterol.  I hope they are as good as the ones we buy at Tully's,  that would be so nice.

TUESDAY:

The first thing I did this morning was to look out the windows to see if we had more snow.  Maybe a little, it's hard to tell how much when it rains and melts it at the same time.  Nope not much new snow out there.  The following photo is cookies not snowballs!  Ha!

ALMOND SNOWBALLS
I spent most of the day baking cookies again.  The cookies that we had make on Saturday were not done in the middle.  When I opened one and saw that, I was sick!  All the ingredients and those macadamia nuts wasted.  I tell you; my oven is a pain in the kister.  Today I made two sizes of cookies and tried the temp out...neither were done in the middle.  So I had to adjust the temp and baking time several times.  Very challenging!

Yesterday's chicken finger dinner was okay, not as good as expected.  We like it fried much better.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

WEDNESDAY:
This morning, Bob checked out the movie schedules on line and we planned around it.  The first afternoon show seemed to fit; so we were off to Eastern Hills area to see Chimpanzee, another Disney Film.  It was so cute!  Bob said that he enjoyed the time lapsed photography.  I was afraid it would be a boring documentary but they created a story and it moved right along.  But keep in mind if going; how much grooming, searching for food, sleeping, Territorial fights, etc. can a Chimpanzee change. 

After we went for lunch at DQ and then shopping to  Orvitz, Bon-Ton, Penny's and Jo Ann Fabrics.  Lots of looking; I did find a baby gift.

Arrived home around 5.  Pooped!  Cereal for supper again.

Photos arrived from the grandchildren in Boston.


SARAH & CHRISTIANNA IN BOSTON AT BRIDAL SHOP

CHRISTIANNA'S BRIDAL GOWN; SHE IS HEADING HOME NOW!


DEBBIE @ PAUL REVERE STATUE

THURSDAY:
Today's mission was to go see my older friend, Gen.  She was moved out of the hospital last Friday to Orchard Manor NH in Medina.  She is very upset and wants to go home.  We visited for over an hour and I got the feeling she is refusing to participate in any activities because she doesn't like it there.  So heart breaking. 

While in Medina, we went to the Bridal shop and picked up Sarah's bridesmaid gown at Blissettes' for Christianna's wedding.  The lady steam pressed it for us before packing it. 

Then Bob wanted to drive further North to the fishing store.  It was only 3:00 pm so I said okay.  So he drove Route 31 to route 98 and then North.  He was in that fishing store for an hour and didn't buy a thing!  When he came out, I was already in the driver's seat and drove straight home...enough for me.  Besides we had to think of the dog as we were gone all day.
I made a quick pot of goulash for supper and now I'm Blogging!  As soon as my Blog is up to date, I will prop my legs up and read a book. 
FRIDAY:

I guess I had hangover from two days of running all over the country.  I sure didn't have any ambition.  Bob either, he didn't get up until after ten o'clock.  So I posted cash receipts again, keeping the house quite. 

All afternoon I picked out photos to put in my Kodak Easy Share.  It was a gift for Christmas and I wanted it to put on the table that covers the steering wheel of the motor home, once we are set up.  Bob set the Creative memories program up and put in a flash stick to save them in a separate album.  I had the photos all in order by grandchild with titles for each photo, some dates.   When Bob put them into the Easy Share all the photos scattered and none of the titles showed.  What to heck?  I was upset, after all that work.   My knee was giving me fits, guess I sat to long.  Anyway, I was so annoyed that I gave up and Bob putzed with it the rest of the night.  I grabbed a book and finished it. 

Speaking of photos, this one is funny!



DAVID, BOB AND CLERK - FLY FISHING SCHOOL AT ORVIS, THEY CAUGHT THE ROOF! 

SATURDAY:
Betsy and Bob are preparing to go to Lockport.  The girls are meeting to put cookies on trays for Christianna's shower tomorrow.  Bob is going to install the bath room light at Christianna's house.  I should have a nice quite day.

ALL THE LADIES ARE FILLING TRAYS OF COOKIES FOR THE SHOWER TOMORROW.

DOZENS OF COOKIES


AT THE FUTURE DE VOE HOME, THE TV IS BEING INSTALLED
  DAVID,  ROCCO  & BOB


 NEW SOFAS WAS DELIVERED  THIS LOOKS LIKE A HENS PARTY!

SUNDAY:
Today is the wedding shower for Christianna.  Betsy and I woke up about 5:00am to call Sarah in Rhode Island to make sure she got up and on the airplane in time to come to Buffalo.

Betsy drove me to David and Donna's for the ride to country club while she went to airport to wait for Sarah.  Arriving at the CC the people were busy setting up table numbers, flowers, favors, & gifts etc.  Everything thing was beautiful, food was good, and Christianna received beautiful gifts.  It was a beautiful event.  After we left for the airport for Sarah's and Julie's return trip east.  Home and ready for the couch!

Since it's so late, if any photos of the shower come in, I will post them tomorrow. 

Another week will be looking at us tomorrow; hope it's a good one.  Thanks for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM





1 comment:

  1. Busy week for you, as usual. Can't wait for the Shower pics!

    ReplyDelete