Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time @ Home! This & That.

MONDAY:

What a beautiful day, the sky is blue and pretty, compared to yesterday's gloomy, dark, hanging over head, threatening weather.  It would be best if I get something going, rather than sitting and looking at it.  Ha.

Here is some of the updates of the De Voe house project from Sunday.
NEW FLOORING GOING DOWN.  ROCKY, ANTHONY, CHRISTIANNA AND ROCCO  BUSY CREW! 

LIVING ROOM FLOORING.  JOE'S BROTHER ANTHONY HARD AT WORK.  HE IS THE NEW DADDY! 




ALL NEW  DOORS
YEP JOE, LOOKING GOOD!



TUESDAY: 

I had a bag of clothes to take to the church and library books to return so I left early before meeting my friends, Mo & Diane, for lunch.  The word is out, I'm available for lunch now!  We had a great chat, exchanged reading material and they went on to see our older friend, Gen at the hospital.  I'll go another time as Gen's room is so small. 

Back home, I visited with Bob.  (He always wants to know what we talked about at lunch)  Then I started supper.  I made a tossed salad.  I had left over chicken from Sunday so I made gravy, combined the chicken with the gravy to pour over the baked Puff Pastry Tarts.  While the oven was going, I cut up a head of cauliflower, tossed it lightly in oil and put it on a cookie sheet to bake.  Dinner was faboulous!!!!!!!

Biggest Loser was on tonight so I watched that while reading a new book. 

WEDNESDAY:
We were up early but it always takes us so long to get ready to go some place.  Why?   Till we eat our "good" breakfast, make sure the dog has water in her dish, gather up the coupons, the returns  and one must check the e-mails before leaving etc., etc.   Bob wanted to go to Gander Mountain store to exchange his wader boots for a larger size.  We are backing out of the driveway and he is asking which way should we go-Buffalo or Rochester?  I don't know.  Maybe the Rochester store will have the size I need.  Okay, Bob.  We head to Rochester.  That store did have the size 13's.  Yep, 13's.   Bob tried the 14's and they were way to large.   Mama bear, papa bear and baby bear, what works best?  I walked the whole big store and it's huge...for exercise and he still wasn't ready to go.  So I sat in the rocking chair at the store entrance.  I was the greeter as people entered.  Just kidding!
Bob still had a gift card from 2010 for IHOP restaurant so we went there for lunch and to use up the card.  Boy, that place is tempting, we ate way to much.
After we hit Bed, Bath & Beyond and then Sears.  Last week, as I was trying to make bows for some packages, I couldn't find a decent pair of needle nose pliers or the snipping ones.  I had all that and more when we made crafts to sell.  Someone has worked them into their supply or something.  So at Sears, I picked out one of each.  You can't work without the right tools.  Ahe?  
 We were still very full when we got home so I cancelled the stuffed peppers I was going to make and suggested cereal! 


 
BOB PAINTING THE RUSTY AREAS OF DISH WASHER RACK 

 Our dishwasher is 17 years old and the bottom rack was all rusty.  Bob bought some paint to see if we can stretch the life of it longer.

THURSDAY:

I was up about 8:30 but never got dressed till after my shower at 11:30am.  Just a nice relaxing morning and a day to myself.  I putzed around and when ready to shower the Milkman was in there so I had to wait.  Never know there is two showers in this house. 

I decided to make cookies.  I always make chocolate chip so tried to find a new flavor and ended up making a sweet peanut cookie.  I followed the instructions-one rounded teaspoon per cookie.  They were so small that I changed to a tablespoon instead.  They are delicious but they don't look good.  Maybe next time I will chop the peanuts so they are easier to push down.

In the afternoon, we went over to Cassie's to see how her garage sale was going.  She was real pleased since it was a nice day and the turnout was great.  She had sold alot of her stuff.

I started supper early to make the new stuffed pepper recipe.  It's sorta a Mexican dish.  There's sweet corn, rice, chilles, cumin, cheese and green onions in it.  I had set a 1/2 cup of cheese to the side to put on top to brown and when I went to do it; I couldn't find the dish of cheese.  Neither one of us could remember if we threw it out and washed the dish-old age!  It was very good and the family decided the recipe was a keeper!  
FRIDAY:
I cleaned the house.  Bob sprayed the weeds in the yard. 
After lunch, we went shopping to pick up Bob's new glasses. 
I wanted to go to the movies to see Chimpanzee but I just didn't feel right so we came home and lounged around.
SATURDAY:
It's cold and raining, good day to stay inside.
Betsy and I baked cookies today for Christianna's bridal  shower next week.  The recipe I choose was called Bon-Bon's.  A sugar dough with a treat inside.  We needed 6 dozen.  It was a small recipe so I had to make it up 6 times.   After we put icing on them.  When they have dried I will put them in containers to freeze them.

SUNDAY:


Things are changing on Face book and on this Blog.  Advancements ha!  I have trouble getting to the place to type and now I can't find a save button.  My Blogging days maybe ending. 

Betsy and I made more cookies today.  After we finished decorating them, I thought they looked like little penguins.



OREO COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE COVERED IN CHOCOLATE.


 
No fishing or remodeling today.  So Bob spent the day putzing around in his garage.  He  worked on the lawn tractor changing the oil, cleaning the engine, installed deck washer and now he is waxing it. 


BOB'S SPORT CAR!
JOHN DEERE WITH CLEAN ENGINE




DECK WASHER

Bob hasn't put the snow blower in storage yet and it's a good thing as the weather man says, " 4-8 inches" could come our way tonight thur Monday morning. Unreal! 





KRISTEN & SARAH

We received this photo today from Sarah.  She and her friend at Bryant University were inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa -  ODK
National Leadership Honor Society for college students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni.  Congratulations Sarah!

 

That's it for tonight and this week.  Hope you all have a good week.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM




1 comment:

  1. I just did our dishwasher racks last fall, it seems to be holding up well.

    ReplyDelete