Sunday, March 24, 2013

ALEX'S FIRST SOLO FLIGHT, NEW DISHWASHER, TEA PARTY and FISH ON FOR BOB!

And here it is MONDAY already.

It was toss and turn all night, I was up several times, aching.  At like 5:30am, I took a Ibuprofen PM and went back to bed and slept until 12:30pm.  Too much salt with yesterdays dinner-maybe.  I guess you know, that shot the day for me.
Yesterday I hunted for a cloth tablecloth before dinner and couldn't find one which was for the table with extra leaves.  I ended up using a plastic one....yak.   So that closet was on my list to straighten up.  I didn't find one.  Apparently I tossed them all once stained.  They were probably 50 years old too.  A good excuse to go on line and shop! 
I did one load of wash,  made out a couple thank you cards, and made supper.  That's it for the day.  Well, I only had the afternoon.  After supper, I was chilling so I covered up on the couch to watch the news and good by baby...sleeping again.  Now I'll be up till the wee hours.  Maybe I can get more done, ha.
TUESDAY:
It's a day -not fit for man or beast!   Snowing and winds; the house is cold again.  So it's zip up the coats and pull the hood up when going out and forget about spring.  And the news is stating 3 days of snow so again forget that it's the first day of spring tomorrow. 

Bob went for his quarterly blood work early this morning.  He couldn't pea in the bottle so he brought the bottle home.  Okay Bob! 

We had breakfast  then headed off for exercise.  (we dropped off the test sample) We missed exercise all last week so today it was grunt and groan as it nearly killed us.  We picked up a few groceries at the nearby Tops and headed home. 

The mail was here.  My stars, another Save The Date-wedding invitation!  (Camper friends grandchild: DiSalvo) That makes 4 for our summer.  This one is in September and it's more like a cowboy wedding to be held in a barn.  We can wear jeans!   Boy, from tux, to beach, to jeans, guess we will have covered the spectrum this wedding season.     

We just received exciting news and photos from (GS) Alex in Colorado.  He is there for prerequisite training to be admitted to flight school with the Air Force.  He did his first solo flight today!  We are so happy for him. 

BIG MOUTH-BLOCK 20
SUPER CHARGED FUEL INJECTED
125 HORSE POWER
DIAMOND DA20 ECLIPSE
WITH COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY
 AND THE RESIDENTS OF SOUTHERN COLORADO! 

ALEX'S FIRST SOLO FLIGHT


 
WEDNESDAY:
We were up early to get ready for the dishwasher delivery.  Bob had his oatmeal and I had some Rye toast.  We had to move all the bottles from under the sink.  Then it was wait for the delivery.

It took them about two hours to install.  Bob said there was a shut off value  on the hot water heater that wouldn't shut off.  So he had to pay for that part.  I grabbed a book as I didn't want to be in the way. 


THE NEW DISHWASHER


THE OLD DISHWASHER IS GONE.
 


MARK SOMEBODY WORKING HARD.

WAH LA, IT'S READY TO WORK.
That evening we registered the product on line.  We discovered then that we don't have a copy of the 5 year maintenance warranty so it's back to the Sear's store.  They don't make things like they used to so we took out the 5 year plan.   The old one was 18 years old and I never had a service call.

THURSDAY:
I finished a good book this morning.  My Irish friend, Maureen (MO) lent it to me.  She went to the library the day the author was there and had it signed.  The first book by Peter Troy, a History teacher from NY.  It's called "May the Road Rise Up to Meet You."   It's about the Irish Hunger, their immigration to US, Civil War and Slaves.  Very entertaining. 

Heading off to Buffalo for Apple class again.  Bob has a few more questions written down.  He just had music playing on the Imac and he doesn't know how he did that!  I have a couple of craft items to return that were not used. 

WILD TURKEYS ALONG THE  SIDE OF THRUWAY.
Such a dark, gray day.  Snow off and on all day.  The news stated that it's cold all over, not just our area.  Well, that doesn't make me feel any better, sick of it.

We watched the first half of the Syracuse game once we found the True TV station. 

FRIDAY:
This day is a passing.  Nothing funny, nothing exciting, nothing to write home about!  Just a few house chores and computer time.  I aaa, don't feel just right, no ambition.

I'm already in 5th place in the March Madness Basketball Brackets contest.  Hay, ya never know who will win the games. 

We watched a movie on Net Flex.  Anna Katerine.  I wouldn't recommended it. 

SATURDAY:
On weekends, you have to give up the second cup of coffee if you want in the shower first.  Gees, everybody up at the same time. 

After I whipped up a batch of cut out cookies, to use up some sour cream.  Maybe I can send some to (GS) Eric before he goes back to school.  I also made the Yum Yum coffee cake; same reason, use up the sour cream. 
I was in the kitchen then most of the afternoon.

In between, the TVs are blaring.  We aren't watching the basketball games but we have to be able to check the scores now and then...okay Bob.

After supper, I helped Bob drill holes in 6 more wine bottles for the girls to decorate and sell.  I am scared to death while squirting the liquid on the bit. 
When done, I washed the glass particles out of the bottles.  Bob is sanding down some corks and then the bottles  will be ready to give back to the girls.

The fishing guide called, their on for tomorrow.

SUNDAY:
David was here about 8:30am, they loaded up their fishing gear and took off.  It's suppose to be near the 40 degree mark today. 

Betsy and I dressed for the wedding shower.  We left about 11:30am.  The event was at the Asa Ransom Bed & Breakfast in the Village of Clarence.    Charming old home with lots of attractive nooks and crannies to explore.  We had a punch, tea and coffee with 3 kinds of finger sandwiches, scones, carrot cake and Brownies.  They passed a wooden box of different teas to try.   It was lovely.  The girls had a hard time picking up the china cup with their pinkie finger sticking out!  Ha.  


WE ENJOYED THE TREATS.

DONNA AND I WITH OUR TEA CUP FAVORS.
Just as the Bride to be was introducing her wedding party, my phone signaled a text message.  I was embarrassed but excited to see if it was a "fish on" picture.  Sure enough, here's the guaranteed fish picture.


YEAH BOB!  THE FIRST FISH!

On the drive home from the shower another text came in on my phone -ta da.....
 
 


A SECOND FISH?
A NICE BIG BROWN. 


Well I'll be, the "no fish" spell is now broken.  That has to be encouraging for Bob. 
At 4:30 he called, and they hadn't stopped for lunch yet---having too much fun!  
 
So our weekend winds up with lots of enjoyment.   Hope you have a good week.  Thanks for stopping by. 
 
 
GOLDEN GRAM 




No comments:

Post a Comment