Sunday, March 17, 2013

PREPPING FOR THE EASTER BUNNY, CELEBRATING BOB'S B-DAY.

MONDAY:
A trip to Lockport was in store for us today.  I had a hair appointment and Bob had an appoint to see his doctor.  In the swamp area (protected environment) we saw so many geese which are resting on their trip North.  A sure spring sign. 
After my haircut, we went to Debbie's and Annalynn took lunch orders for all and Bob went to Ted's Hot Dog stand to pick it up.  Christianna, Joe and Joe's nephew, baby Mason joined us for lunch.  Little Mason is pulling himself up and stepping around furniture, next will be his first steps.  He is growing so fast. 

CHRISTIANNA & MASON
ONCE MASON HAD THAT GLASS HE JUST KEPT SIPPING AWAY.
On our way home we stopped at Sears.  I had a dishwasher picked out and they were on sale-15% Friends & Family Day.  Plus 5% if you used their charge card.   After zillions of questions on this model and that model; Bob and I decided on Kitchenaid.  After three attempts (more time standing around) to ring it up on the register, it was ordered and will come next week on Wednesday.  

TUESDAY:
Well the lovely days are gone.  Temp progressively going South. 

We slept till 10:30, which was earth shaking as we had an appointment at the new bank at 1:30pm.  We really weren't prepared for this meeting as we had such a busy week but when all else fails: punt.  We discussed all the items we had received and had help with questions on the new Visa card. 
Then Nancy helped us activate the cards.  (Saved a phone call) We made a deposit and left.

Right next door is the Bank of Castle where we have some insurance coverage so we hopped right over there and had our direct payment withdrawal changed and Bob asked for the "Canadian Insurance cards" and they were printed.  Our attention span was burned by now so we drove to Dunkin Donuts for a Boston Cream and Coffee. 

Now the wash hasn't been done. I put a load of wash in the washer.  My oh my, it's like I'm so busy that I'm doing the wash at night like a working gal. 
WEDNESDAY:
The house to myself again as Bob & Joe are off fishing.  This is starting to be an every week occasion.  There was snowflakes during the day, wonder if they are freezing while standing in the water.

I had lots to do again, so I made a list and tried to stay focused on the items with top priority.   Working along and soon it was lunch time so I made myself a hot dish of "Ramn" beef soup.  Bob hates this so he's probably glad to be away for lunch. 

Bob was home earlier and he right away loaded the fishing pictures.  Joe had caught a fish.  None for Bob yet; what's it going to take for him to land one?

JOE'S FISH
Later we worked together paying bills and tried the new bank account.  Easy-peasy! 

After supper, a most upsetting event was an e-mail receipt I received from Office Max.  I waited till Bob woke up  and questioned him about it.  Nope he hadn't been there.  I asked Betsy-nope she didn't buy anything there.  So tomorrow, we head off to the Office Max and the bank to see if this can be straightened out.  Hooa, Hooa! 

Gees, then Sears called.  The guy forgot to charge us for the installation.  So right away, we had to figure out the invoice to see if he was right; something we had intended to do anyway because their invoice is one goofy dude.   Well, that lead to the delivery date; by then Bob realized it was coming on Wednesday; the guys fishing day!!!  Bob tried to pinpoint the time of delivery and it just didn't happen.   

THURSDAY:
I was up early.  I called Bob.  Come on, get up as we have to go to Office Max and see what's with this e-mail receipt.  He wasn't to happy with me to say the least.  Okay Bob!   Once there, it was explained to us-mistake by someone.  Apparently, if you don't have your charge card with you, they ask for your phone number to find your account.  So they must have entered my phone number.  No big deal says the clerk; you have just earned $160.00 worth of bonus points.  Great as long as the charge isn't on our account.  We took the printout but do you think they wanted to look up the charge number on it-no way.  So now it's a wait and see plan. 
At Sears, Bob went in to sign the charge for the dishwasher installation.  Then on to the dry cleaners where I picked up my gown.  Then home.  Nuf!

Annalynn stopped in to pick up the card box that Betsy had made for her  shower.  She didn't stay long as she was on her way to Ogdensburg for Mark's birthday dinner and wanted to make it there before dark. 

FRIDAY:
Bob had a couple ideas for the day...go here-go there.  I said, oh no ya don't!  Sit right down at the computer and let's work on getting our automatic payments done with the new bank.  I had nightmares of all the money going to the new bank and all the bills to the old bank, then having bounced payments.  We think we have that accomplished, it's just time consuming. 

IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!  LIKE A BLIZZARD-BIG FLAKES.!

We even made time to sign up for the March Madness (basketball) event that Annalynn is sponsoring for Leukemia.  After the teams are all on there on Sunday, we can do our selecting.  We don't watch the games so we couldn't even guess who is good-we use the automatic selection button.  Zip it's done.
After supper Bob helped me to wrap a couple big gift boxes for the shower next weekend.  For the life of me, I don't know why I pick out such big items.  Dumb!  
We watched a movie on Net Flex after wrapping gifts.  Morgan Freeman was in it and he is always good.  Belle Island or something like that.  It's kinda like a Disney movie.  No murders, no sex;  one you could watch with your grand kids.  Very few of them anymore. 
SATURDAY:
Well, this day had lots of curves!  We had plans to shop but found out an exchange of purchase wasn't necessary.  Then I was told that we are hosting Bob's birthday tomorrow while Eric is home from Utica college.  Okay!  Since we worked on computer all day yesterday; there wasn't any house cleaning done....hustle, hustle it's a big house. 

While cleaning, I changed the house decos from St. Patrick's Day to Easter.



HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S TOMORROW

MISS BUNNY

MY TEA PARTY BUNNIES


A COUPLE GOOD EGGS!



GOTTA HAVE JELLY BELLY BEANS

Big job.  Well not really; what makes it hard is crawling under the stairs for the storage.  The space is small and I have to get down on hands and knees and hope I don't hit my head.  (Maybe knock some sense into it) 
Now trying to catch up my Blog.
SUNDAY:
It's snowing with the sun out!  Enough snow already. 

A busy household this morning getting dinner fixings ready.  Betsy has Lasagna made and I made a big salad.  I try to fix the salad like the Olive Garden with pepperoncini which I love.  Did you hear that Olive Garden salad dressing is now being sold at Wal-Mart?  It was for sale at Sam's Club but we don't have a membership there.  Betsy made Bob's favorite cake yesterday; pineapple upside down. 


BIRTHDAY BOY

READING HIS CARD AND GIFT.
A DAY WITH A FISHING GUIDE.
 
We had 12 for dinner and  all the food turned out great.  We had a lot of conversation going on with all the future events.  Eric has a new car so I asked for a ride in it.  We went around the block by the college and saw a herd of deer.  So many we couldn't even count them. 

Now that Bob knows what his present is, I can tell you that we had his birthday early in case the fishing guide calls Bob to go.  We all chipped in for a fishing day with a guide, guaranteed fish on!   I hope it works, so Bob will have a catch to take a picture and end this no fish spell.

I have the dinning room cleaned up and the china out of the dish washer so I'm thinking about putting my feet up.  Nuf for today.

Hope you have a good week and thanks for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM

PS: WHERE IS EVERYBODY SEEING THESE ROBINS?  NONE HERE YET.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a week. I had to take a nap half way through reading it.
    Glad you had a great week and a very productive one.

    ReplyDelete