Sunday, March 10, 2013

QUICKEN, ARGO, AND NICE WEATHER

I CHANGED THE COLOR OF BACKGROUND-"THINK SPRING!" 

MONDAY:
Snowy morning and quite cold.  Almost glad it's Monday and I have the wash to do so I can stay inside.

We have books, papers, notes and printouts scattered all across the computer counter.  Saturday Bob downloaded the 2013 Quicken program (an update) and today he spent all day on the phone getting issues worked out.  He was very frustrated!  I think he pulled alot of hair out!  I sat with him to listen; it's very hard to understand the "help" people with different languages.  There oughta be a law.   He used up an hour and half of our phone minutes on one call...then his phone died!  He was beside himself!

For a break from the above: I cut coupons out of the Sunday paper to get ready for tomorrow's big grocery shopping day-6% off for Seniors.  Darn coupons are printed so little it's a job to read them. 

Well, I'm enjoying the book Argo so I'm anxious to go read.  Enough for today.

TUESDAY:
A little exercise and then grocery shopping and the whole day was gone.  The porch was 64 degrees!  We enjoyed our 4:00pm coffee out there.  How sweet it is.   Some people are still thinking about skiing but I like it hot! 

While shopping I bought 4lbs. of chocolate to make Easter candies.  Hip Hop comes the Easter bunny,  
WEDNESDAY:
A beautiful sunny morning but by noon the sun was gone.  "It was Gray"  
Bob , Joe and another went fishing.  I had the day to myself which is nice as there isn't so many interruptions.  I had several "to do's" so I went right at it.  I changed the bed linen, then put the sheets thru the washer.  I ironed a couple of Bob's dress shirts.
I tried on my dress for the wedding so I could see what to tell the seamstress at the cleaners.  Then I took it down to cleaners for the fitting.  You can't see the sequins and beads but there is lots of them.  The model looks good in it, don't ya think? 

It was just go-go-go.  On the way downtown, there was a dead deer along the side of the road.  I felt bad to see that. 

I had finished the book "Argo" so I made a note of that in my file box.  Now Betsy wants to read it; she has already seen the movie.  I hope it's on Net Flex so Bob and I can view it this weekend.  It was a very good documentary by the Master of Disguise artist, CIA OperativeTony Mendez, others, and Canada in getting 6 American embassy escapees out of Iran. 

Speaking of movies; I read on the Batavian (on line news) that someone has purchased our local, closed down movie theater.  This person also owns the City Slicker bar & restaurant and an exercise place.  He wants to revamp the theater and has already applied for the first day showing rights.  Sounds good.  He has reopened the theater now and intends to keep it open during the remodeling.  Months ago, you could see the closing coming when we went there and we were the only two people in seats.  Kinda creepy! 

Betsy and I have a wedding shower invitation for the 24th of this month.  (I know it's Palm Sunday.)  Christopher, the son of a good family friend (Woj's) is getting married on Memorial Day weekend.   We spent the evening viewing their wedding registry and deciding on a gift. 
THURSDAY:
We headed off to Buffalo again!  Bob had two classes scheduled at the Apple Store.  I dropped him off and went to Macy's and Michael's.  Seems I'm doing a lot of shopping lately.  Not my cup of tea!  (DIL) Donna met me at Macy's  and we ordered gifts for her and Betsy for the wedding shower this month.  I needed to look for an anchor that Betsy needed for the card box that she is making for Annalynn's showers and I had to ask for help at Michael's.  Then Bob called, "Where are you?"  It wasn't time for his class to be over but he said it was.  So I had to hurry.  We picked up a kids meal at McDonalds just to hold us as it was 3:30pm.  Then onto East Hills so I could do a return at Bon Ton and so Bob could go to Orvis.  (Fishing Store)
At home we had warm ups of the Southwestern Stuffed Peppers that I had made one day this week.  Couch potatoes for the evening.

FRIDAY:
We went to exercise in LeRoy, then to the Dollar store for wrapping paper and ribbon.  My friend, Mo, says, "she is the Queen of Dollar Store!"  She shops there for many items.   She showed up for coffee today and wanted a photo printed, so Bob helped her out and we all had  coffee.

The movie Argo was on "Demand" so Bob and I watched it.  It's long, 120 minutes.  I'm so glad that I had read the book; I don't know how people would know what's going on...either I didn't hear it or it wasn't in there.  So many details not covered.  I agree with the critics; not enough acknowledgement given to the Canadian government. 
SATURDAY:
Bob and David have gone fishing.  It's a beautiful day!  The porch is nice and warm again. 

FLIES AND EGG BAGS  THAT DAVID MADE. 

DAVID CAUGHT A PRETTY FISH ON HIS NEW ROD.

 
They were gone from 7:30am until 8:30 pm.  They had a really good time hitting about four different fishing holes.   Then at David's he showed Bob how he makes flies with his machine.  I thought Bob would never get home.

Betsy and I went to a few stores in Batavia.  Gifts & wrapping again.  Really hitting the slush funds, but so happy they are there!  Don't ya just love when you find everything that you need and don't have to order and wait for delivery.  We hit it just right today. 

SUNDAY:
What time is it?  When I rose, my wrist watch was off again.  Gees, we just found a battery for it.  Then Betsy told me to turn my watch ahead.  Dah!  I had comletely forgotten about "spring ahead!" 

A georgeus day here.  WARM!   67 degrees.  Oh, I love it.

I WALKED AROUND OUTSIDE
AND SAW THE DAFFIDOLS SPROUTING UP.
Everyone had projects today and we worked feveriously at them.  No one stopped to visit and no calls that required us to stop working.  All projects turned out good.    It's not much fun to decorate anymore without small children around.  Life's changes; some good, some not so good. 


IT WAS TIME TO GET OUT THE EASTER DECOS. 

Bob cooked steak on the grill outside for the first time in a long time.  Oh so good. 

So now we have to get used to the new time.  Dark at supper time again.  Nuts!  Next weekend, Eric is planning on coming home from Utica.  Spring break week.  I have a goodie box started for him. 

Hope you all had a nice Sunday and enjoyed this good weather.  It's time to post!   Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 

PS: TO MY GRANDCHILDREN  
This old Grandma is enjoying music from the Ipad.  Betsy showed me how to get the songs I want to hear.  I have the 50's & 60's songs blaring now.  I know, it's old hat to you young-ens. 




No comments:

Post a Comment