Sunday, July 7, 2013

RELAXING AT HOME TO RECOUP! SUNBURN HAPPENS!

MONDAY:
Ah Boy!  We are catching our breath!  Just to sit with no demands on our time.  Yeah!  Does a woman ever get to sit?  I started in on the duties: washing, put dinner accessories away, what ever.

TUESDAY:
I watched Sarah and Betsy make red, white and blue jello shots which Sarah was taking to the lake picnic. 


SARAH & BETSY MAKING JELLO SHOTS!

RED, WHITE AND BLUE JELLO SHOTS

Bob mowed the lawn before the rain that was due.  He would mow a little and go jump in the pool.  Etc., Etc. 

WEDNESDAY:
Sarah left for the lake.  She will return to Boston from there but we had a great time visiting and watching movies. 

I went out side and attended to my potted plants; cutting the old buds off.  Then I mixed fertilizer to  water and feed them all.
Little things need doing!

Bob and I went out to lunch as there isn't any food in this house.  Then we went to Kmart and bought some black mulch to put around the flowers by the shed; now that I have the weeds all pulled. 

It was so hot and muggy when we reached home that we left everything in the car and went swimming.  We both laid on the rafts for at least an hour.  I was astonished that Bob did that!  He avoids the sun for fear of sunburn.   If we go to the beach, he usually sits in the car!  Or he will say "Let's go" after about 20 minutes!  What fun is that? 

After supper, I helped Betsy make several dishes to take to her picnics.  The skies had darkened and there was a down pour.


That evening, I heard booming sounds so I went to investigate outside.  It was fire works from the baseball park.  Usually after every game they have fireworks.  Must be there isn't a baseball game tomorrow to have fireworks.
 
At bed time putting on our pj's,  I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Bob chest and stomach was bright, peachy, red!!!!!!!!!!!!  He had sun burned!!!!!!   His sides were white so it was quite the contrast.  I had nothing.  Unbelievable!
THURSDAY:  HAPPY 4TH!
We put the peat moss around the flowers by the shed.  It looked so much better.  A quick dip in the pool before another down pour!  Good thing we enjoyed the pool yesterday. 

BOB PUT A T-SHIRT ON FOR PROTECTION FROM MORE SUN!

 We cleaned up and went for supper.  Miss Batavia was closed.  So we went to Bob Evans.  (Bob Evans is closing for a week to remodel)  Another couple extended their friendship and offered us a coupon for a free entrée.  We ordered the baked turkey with stuffing, salad, roll or biscuit.  Very good but too much food!  After we went to Home Depot for more mulch.
After we came inside for the night, I asked Bob to bring up the Ride For Roswell pictures on the computer so I could pick out some to have developed.  I wanted about 20-25 to fill an album and ended up choosing 40 some.  More refill pages needed!
FRIDAY:
Up with the lead bird; I went for groceries.  (The first bird you hear is always the lead bird-camping story )  The store was nice and cool. 
After lunch (lunch meat party with new grub) we worked on the flower garden along side the garage.  It was over grown so we pulled some plants out before putting down the mulch. 



GARAGE SIDE OF THE HOUSE
ALL MULCHED UP PRETTY!

 I had a chair nearby for rest breaks and as I was sitting a butterfly which I had been watching, came and landed on my foot.  I took a picture and sent it to Sarah.  She texted back, that butterfly is Cinderella telling you that she is a happy, young dog jumping around in heaven.  Sarah had a butterfly land on her when her Aunt Cindy passed.  Really?  Thinking about it, Cinder would have been there helping us, walking in and about all the plants, checking on us and seeing if she had missed anything.  



THERE'S THE BUTTERFLY. 

SATURDAY:
Man, it's muggy!  I wanted to return some library books and get new ones  so I had to push myself in this heat.  I had some paper backs saved up for a friend so I stopped there for a short visit.   Then I drove to the Verizon store.  I have had a message come up on my I Phone saying, "Do you want to sync or back up etc."  and I had NO idea what that was about. 
Once home Bob was walking around with a sick look on his face. He had been cleaning the head lights of the motor home.  It's to muggy for him.  So I decided to keep him out of the sun.  I looked up some movies on the computer and decided on the HEAT with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.  Shuffle off to Buffalo!  I texted Donna and David to see if they wanted to join us and was offered a dinner invite and a chance to visit with Eric as he is going back to Utica on Sunday.     
The movie was hilarious!!!  It had a slow start and I thought -oh no and I paid for this!  But it started moving and never quit with the funnies!  Other than the constant use of the F word which is disgusting to me; it was really good.  The whole audience was laughing.  I'd like to see it again.
During dinner, Donna enlightened me about Melissa McCarthy having her own TV show; Mike and Molly.  So now I have to watch that some time.   Eric grilled the potatoes and steak and I sat there enjoying myself and forgot to  take pictures.  Donna had some other sides prepared.  The steak was very tender.  Good dinner guys!
SUNDAY:
Today has been cooler and we opted out on swimming.  Too much breeze.  Bob gave the lawn a quick buzz cut with the John Deere.  He didn't feel good enough to use the pusher that bags.  

 I went thru some recipes for drinks to take camping next week.  I'm tiring of wine.  I loaded up the bottles from storage as I may as well have them in there for Annalynn's wedding in a few 7 weeks.

A great, quite week.  Looking forward to moving that bus on Thursday for a trip to Jamestown, NY.  Our regular camping group is meeting there.  We have 28 people signed up for Saturday dinner; many are day guests that have sold their units.  It should be enjoyable  to see them all again.

Thanks for clicking in.  Hope you have enjoyed the holiday. 

GOLDEN GRAM


No comments:

Post a Comment