Sunday, March 9, 2014

LENT, MARCH IS NATIONAL CRAFTING MONTH

MONDAY:
Good Morning!  And we are off on another week.  My morning was a wash out, my legs hurt from all the standing (I guess) at Erin's  shower yesterday so I just gave in...I slept on the couch till noon.  Then I started the washing and watched tutorials-on the couch again and I fell asleep.  Wow! Some recoup.  

Lunch time, I started stew for dinner in the crock pot.  I didn't feel like fussing with much of anything.  I did finish the wash and I sorted out two boxes of ribbons that I have been wanting to get done.  Not much for a whole day.

As we sat down to dinner, Bob spotted  about 15 deer out in the back field.  They must feel safe now that guns haven't gone off in a while.



I certainly hope I have more ambition tomorrow. 

TUESDAY:
Fat Tuesday.  Pig out on your favorite foods.  Time for people under 72 years of age to figure out what they are giving up for Lent starting tomorrow.  I had strawberries left over from the weekend, so I made up strawberry shortcake to celebrate.  My gosh and we have cookies and cupcakes to finish up.    

We had errands to do today so Bob volunteered to drive Miss Daisy over town.  While at Michael's I registered for a card making class to be held on Thursday night.  We had lunch at Burger King as Bob wanted to try their new french fries called Satisfied.  He said they were good.

While shopping last week we picked up a small picnic ham and today I made New England boiled dinner.  I boiled the thing to death!  My cabbage was too soft.  I usually make it for St. Patrick's day but I got in a hurry.  It was okay but I should have watched it closer.  Dah! 

Spent the evening in my craft room cutting hearts on my Cricket machine for a friend.  

250 NEEDED OF THIS SIZE AND COLOR

When we went up to bed, Bob saw the neighbor's out door light on and there was one deer at the bird feeder.  
WEDNESDAY:
It snowed off and on all day.  Man!  Quite already!  So it's still cold.

Today's big event was "garbage day", gather up the old magazines, shredding, and clean refrig.  Pretty dead pan, long winter.  

I cut another 250 hearts on the Cricket machine.  My friend wants 1000 all together for a wedding.  My cutting pad is getting very dirty from the paper dust.  Then the paper won't stick.  I saw a video sometime ago on resurfacing the pads.  So I dug out an old one and cleaned the dirty sticky off of it with Undo.  Slick as a whistle.  Then I couldn't remember the name of glue to paint back on it so I tried Martha Stewart's bottle.  I let it dry while I was working on supper.  It didn't work, the top harden and paper won't stick to it.  All this to avoid buying a new pad.  Guess I'll have to hunt for that video hoping it's still available.  It was a Tip Of The Day on Weekly Scrapper. 


CRICKET CUTTING PAD 
  
THURSDAY:
I'm up!  I just spent a good half hour reading my phone! Yep, I hadn't checked it and I had a build up to clear.  It still fascinates me. Ten years ago, who would have thought.  
It's still  cold here.  11o.  Hope that sun is working on moving over towards spring.  We turn the clocks ahead this weekend.  Spring ahead, Fall behind!  

I went to the two hour class (5:30 - 7:30 pm) at Michael's, which ran over a half hour until we finished up.    I had all my tools and adhesive but I didn't bring any paper.  The girl at the cash register told me to just bring the items at bottom of sheet.  That was wrong! The instructor (Rebecca O'Donnell/Stampin Up) helped me pick out the paper needed.  We made two cards.  First thing I did was to cut my paper wrong.  Dah!  I don't know a 16th from and 8th.  Dumb, Dumb!  After that episode, the instructor baby sat me the rest of the night.  I have never done scoring before so I was nervous about that too.  She was very helpful, and very patient.  Hope to attend more of her classes.  


A STAND UP EASTER CARD,  CUTE AHE?
MICHAEL'S  CLASS PRODUCT TAUGHT BY BECKY O'DONNELL/STAMPIN UP 


ALSO FROM THE CLASS
NOT FINISHED, NEEDS FLOWERS ON TREE TRUNK YET.

Bob had found the video to refurbish the Cricket cutting pad but I couldn't find the glue at Michael's.  The glue is called Scrap Happy Sheer Glue if anyone is reading this and would like to try it.  I guess I'll have to order it on line.

When I got home from class I cuddled up in a blanket on the couch; it was so cold in the class room.  The blanket was so comforting.  

FRIDAY:
What a beautiful day.  Bob has gone fishing with the guys and I have the day to putz.  And, that's what I did.  When Bob came home we had our coffee out on the porch, it was 77o out there.  


FISHERMEN AT THE CREEK  


BOB SAYS, "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!"
Already, the family is pushing fish on me!  It's Friday and it's Lent. So?  I do like Shrimp so hopefully they get me a basket of them.  

SATURDAY:
We had talked about going to Buffalo for shopping and a show so I showered and got all dressed.  I went out in garage to see if Bob was waiting on me and he had the snow blower all tore apart.  He needed to change a belt or tighten a belt, not sure.  Okay, Bob. 

 Change of plans, now entertain myself.  So I went on the computer searching for the glue mentioned above.  I found the site, THE RUBBER CAFE.  So I ordered the glue. 

Then I went searching for an Easter Bunny rubber stamp.  When I checked e-mails, my Stampin Up Consultant, Becky O'Donnell, had sent me the web site for the cute bunny that we had used to make the card.  I went to that site (INKY ANTICS)  and the stamps are all so cute!    I went bananas!  I ordered a few things!  
Long about three of clock, we headed off for Eastern Hills for the movie, 12 years a Slave.  I hate to ruin it for everyone but I'm going to have my say.  Again, it was filmed very dark in places, it had spots of no conversation, and I couldn't understand some of the voices.  Old farts should stay home or get a hearing aid, ahe.  Wonder if the book is available to get the parts of story that was guess work?  This movie won alot of the awards by the academy, wonder what they saw that I didn't.  


We had popcorn in the theater so that killed dinner.  We stopped for coffee and had to have a donut.  We did some shopping and headed home.  Bob spotted lights on at the ice cream place and the now open sign and he whipped the truck right in there.  Want a cone?  This trip is a real cholesterol build up!



WANT TO SIT AT A PICNIC TABLE?
ISN'T THIS FUNNY.  WANTING ICE CREAM AND THE SNOW IS STILL ALL AROUND..

SUNDAY:Turn the clocks ahead.  That of course is Bob's job.  Most of the clocks are hung so high, I can't reach them.  Guess how that comes about?  
OUR KITCHEN CLOCK THAT ADJUSTS ITSELF.  LOVE IT.
Back on the computer, I ordered a shower gift.  It's so much better than walking the stores.  

Then I decided to take down the last of the Dept. 56 houses, since winter activities are almost over.  I hope.   Betsy jumped right in an helped me by unhooking the electric and handing me everything.  Must be she was tired of looking at them or something.  It's time for Easter decorations anyway.

Now it's 5:00 pm and time to start our dinner.  I think I have covered my/our week completely so guess I'll post now.  Then I can go in my craft room after dinner.  Enjoy your crafts, soon we will be mowing lawn!  Yah!  Maybe we will be starting up that diesel bus and heading for a fishing camp; there better be a mall nearby.

Have a good week and thanks for clicking in.  

Till Sunday...

GOLDEN GRAM 







No comments:

Post a Comment