Sunday, March 16, 2014

MARCHING ON! CRASH RINDO, COPIC PENS, FIRE STATION ON STRINGHAM DRIVE?

MONDAY:
Bob had fishing plans again.  When he came back home;  he complained about walking so much, trying to find a good spot.  Later at night while watching TV he had two Charlie horses in both his legs at the same time.  He was jumping around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  Neither of us have had enough exercise during this winter.  
LOOK AT THESE TREE TRUNKS NEAR THE FISHING STREAM.
A HUNGRY ANIMAL CLEANED THE BARK RIGHT OFF.
I had plenty to do.  To start, I had three gowns for grandson's wedding that Betsy had ordered in for me to get ready to return.   I can't seem to find one I like.  I had some paper work to do too.

Bob and I went over town for a couple errands. Our first stop was at the dry cleaners to pick up our formal wear.  Bob came back to the car to ask for more cash, it was forty dollars.  0uch!    He put the clothes on the car hanger and  got in the drivers seat, grumbling because they wouldn't take a debit or credit card.  Cash only!  He backed up and all of a sudden someone was pounding on the back window.   CRASH!  He hit a car that had pulled up to sidewalk to leave off laundry. What a revolting development!   No damage to our truck but the van that was hit will need some work.  After exchanging info, we went on. What else can you do?

Arriving back home at five o'clock, I had to scramble to make dinner.   
TUESDAY:
Beautiful day!  We went to the Galleria Mall.  Bob went to Sears and the Apple Store with a few questions.  I went to Macy's and Lord & Taylor.  Boy, that's work.  After sitting all winter, I was hurting all over within an hour.
   
WEDNESDAY:
Blizzard day!  From a nice day to this, hard to believe.  Schools, businesses, thruway etc., closed again.  Hope everyone gets back & forth to work safely.

In the mail, we received a letter from the Town of Batavia Fire Department confirming the street gossip about their interest in building a new fire station on the Stringham property.  (back field?)  There is an empty lot on Stringham so location is not clear.  The mayor (Bob) will have to go to their meeting and check it out.  He has already mentioned and opposed the idea of carnivals with beer tents and all that the firemen may hosts!  Hoa, Hoa!  

We just entertained ourselves all day.  No use going out to clean up until it's over.  
THURSDAY:
Oh my, the earth is all white again.  Here anyway. That's good as the old dirty snow banks were ugly!  We didn't think the wind was as bad as it was in the January blizzard but it blew a shutter off the front of our house.  
WIND WAS FROM THAT NORTH EAST SIDE.
I was up at 5:00am  (I have a new cycle going on) Betsy up a little after that.  She dressed to go out and snow blow.  I called Bob twice to assist-even to watch out for her-no response.  So I suited up and went out.  Yes, it was cold!  I shoveled just a little around the garage door and the man door.  Then she gave me a monster broom to sweep her car.  I told her just do enough to get out.  No way, she did a spot for the garbage container and she did the front of mail box.  Bull headed like her Mother!  
I'D SAY WE GOT TEN INCHES;
 IT DEPENDS ON HOW THE WIND BLOWS...HARD TO MEASURE.

BOB DID SOME MORE CLEAN UP AFTER DAY LIGHT.


Our glue came to refurbish the Cricket cutting mats so we watched the video again and we are going to start painting on the glue.  Then it has to sit for twenty four hours.  And wouldn't you know, the same web site now has a new tutorial on refurbishing and they are using spray cans which would be much easier.  If first you don't succeed, try, try again.

GLUE IS DOWN.
After supper I did some research about craft pens on the ipad as my scrapbooking pens do not color the stamped images to good.    I have heard that the COPIC brand is good on the tutorials and at class.  I found them and they are expensive!!!  Like $6.00 a pen.  They are for artists.   So then I tried looking for the Memento brand and back to Stampin Up brand.  No decision.

FRIDAY:
Up-Down, Up-Down; the weather can't make up it's mind so to speak.  Today was warm and the snow was melting and the water was running everywhere. Then tomorrow it's back to cold.  No wonder many people are sick.

We needed some "grub" so we prepared for a trip to the grocery store.  But first Michaels!  I had a 40% coupon.  Betsy has a project in the works and I wanted to check out ribbon and etc needed.  Lo an behold, I just happened to see the COPIC pens on display.  


THIS IS THE PASTEL PACK
Yes, I quickly figured out the 40% off and put the card in my basket.  I ended up paying $3.49 per pen so I was thrilled.  Stampin Up pens are about that price.  The big feature of these pens is the refill available.  The nibs of these pens are replaceable.  

Bob went to Home Depot while I shopped at Michael's.  There was a  garage light that wouldn't work and he wanted it checked out.  Another good event, the attendant there changed the bulbs and walla it worked.  Bob asked what he owed and was told no charge.  So he bought two more bulbs anyway.  
We had take-out-shrimp for dinner and then Bob went to a meeting at Godfrey's Pond.  He received a membership as a Christmas gift so he had to check out the management.  It's a fishing spot for him and the guys.  
SATURDAY:
Betsy and I went shopping in the morning.  We found some pretty Easter ribbon for decorating but nothing else on our lists.

Then in the afternoon, Bob and I went to a meeting at Camping World in Hamburg.  The Good Sam Club is trying to start up a new chapter and we were interested to see their group and their procedures at campouts.  It turns out, we found them to be too new...they are still hashing out logos, what to do at camp-donuts or no donuts for breakfast, etc. and many other things.  And, they are going to the same campgrounds that we have done for the last 20 years.  So as yet, we did not join.  


Once back home, I made a Yum-Yum coffee cake to take to a funeral luncheon.  I also put on a pan of Pasta Fa Zol soup for us. That's alot of kitchen work, I was glad to have it all done.  
After supper, we sat watching  a movie that was stupid but we were to pooped to do anything else.  
SUNDAY:
Today was nice and sunny but bitter cold.  And the news is talking about another storm; hopefully we will only be on the edge of it.  Look out East Coast! 
We did a few things around home until time to go to Lockport for a Wake.  After we had dinner at Olive Garden on Transit Road with David and Donna.  My favorite place and I most often order the Eggplant Parm..it's so good. 

It seems this week went by fast.  I'm ready to stretch out on the couch and get ready for the next week.  

Have a good week and thanks for clicking in.. Thanks for all your comments, it keeps the heart a pumping!   

Till Sunday..

GOLDEN GRAM





No comments:

Post a Comment